Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EDD window length significance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MYP white interior and exterior (changed color on same day as order) on Feb 7 2022.

Initial website EDD: March 2022
(Then April 19-May 21st after making color change...)
Quickly corrected to March 10 - 31st on Feb 13

New EDD: March 17-31st (2 week window!)

my question is: IS IT TRUE that 2 weeks or less range means VIN is imminent unless the 2 weeks or less is ending at EOQ, in which case there is a distinct possibility of getting moved to next quarter?

I ordered Feb 2nd.
had multiple delivery windows. it went down to a 2 week window 2 days ago. last night (3/16) I got VIN'd and i pick up saturday 3/20/22 at 10:00! a sales rep in Palm Springs, CA said that for the west coast orders that they're seeing, once your EDD is down to less than 3 weeks delivery has been happening almost as soon as those dates hit. Mine is spot on. my delivery window was down to 3/18 to 3/28.

Upvote 0
Any info on east coast deliveries? I was down to a one week window of 3/25-3/31 and now it’s been pushed back to a month long window starting 4/4!
They pretty much always focus on west coast at the end of the quarter (big push to get as many out as possible, and they can deliver to California customers very quickly so that’s what they do.

Upvote 0
After getting bumped back from a 1 week window to a month long window, I all of the sudden got a VIN yesterday after 3 days with that month window. I pick up on 3/27. So weird. There does. It seem to be any consistency on how the process works to be able to guesstimate what will happen next. I ordered red, LRM3 with 19” wheels on 2/20 Virginia/DC area.

Upvote 0
i ended up losing my VIN. the shop didn't call me to let me know or anything. it just disappeared off of my app and my delivery date was gone. i called them to inquire and they said it had paint damage or body damage. they then promised they were looking for a new car for me. yesterday they called and said they found me one and to work on getting all of my insurance and down payment worked out but I was never assigned the new VIN so I can't do any of that without it. Tesla's customer service is so disappointing

Upvote 0