Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service/Support provision

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had a colleague inform me last night that my offside rear cluster wasn't working, I raised a service ticket when I got home.
Today I'm told by Tesla service that the 28th March is the soonest they can get to me to fix it
I don't think I'm being unreasonable to think that's quiet a long wait to swap out a light cluster when the item is in UK stock

Looks like Tesla haven't really thought enough about the support system over here if the mobile rangers are booked up so far in advance and/or the cars are bringing up so many issues to keep them so busy....

20 days! Anyone else in a similar situation?

So I had a colleague inform me last night that my offside rear cluster wasn't working, I raised a service ticket when I got home.
Today I'm told by Tesla service that the 28th March is the soonest they can get to me to fix it
I don't think I'm being unreasonable to think that's quiet a long wait to swap out a light cluster when the item is in UK stock

Looks like Tesla haven't really thought enough about the support system over here if the mobile rangers are booked up so far in advance and/or the cars are bringing up so many issues to keep them so busy....

Wasn't my experience personally recently.

9th Feb after service messages, I only booked it for 15th as it was the next day I could take off from work due to other commitments.

Also that was no messing like every other dealership I have dealt with over the years - that has always been bring it in for the day, no time given when the car is going to be ready at all, then right at the end of the day they tell you they are waiting on parts and to either leave it with them for a week or maybe more if it is a Friday, or pick it up and rebook when they come in.

Reactions: boombap
I have had something booked liked that in the past and then after couple of days they sent a message saying there is another appointment that was earlier and I just confirmed that. This can change. I have forgotten the process of allocating ranger visit vs service centre visits. I don’t know whether you chose the ranger visit or Tesla allocated this as a ranger job.

Last edited:
Reactions: boombap
I have had something booked liked that in the past and then after couple of days they sent a message saying there is another appointment that was earlier and I just confirmed that. This can change. I have forgotten the process of allocating ranger visit vs service centre visits. I don’t know whether you chose the ranger visit or Tesla allocated this as a ranger job.
I wanted a ranger solution in the expecting it to be quicker.

I didn't enjoy my last experience of trawling to a service centre and sitting there all day while an issue gets sorted. Technically I've an non-roadworthy vehicle due to lack of provision/support and they don't offer you a loaner under warranty. Even JLR could at least offer that !

Utter pants!

My recent experience was pretty good. Raised a request Thursday, took it in on the Monday with an advised 4 hour wait that I was prepared for.
Turned up 20 minutes early, the guy took it straight in and said it would be 30 mins which it was. Still some more work needed but a Ranger is coming next week to do that.

To be fair, Norwich SC are always like that.

PS. It was condensation in the B pillar cameras.

Did it solve the problem. No, but with 3 weeks warranty left, I’m happy to have new bits fitted 😂

It must depend on which Service Centre. I deal with Edinburgh (Newbridge) I had an issue last Friday and had an appointment arranged for the following Monday!