Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Configuration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!

I ordered the M3 SR+ MSM with 18” Aero Wheels on May 4.

Lately I’ve been thinking about the 19” Sport Wheels since I’ve seen awesome photos of powder coated ones. I’d opt to do this if I actually chose these wheels.

The price increased by $500 shortly after I ordered and thought I read somewhere that any edits made the online configurator will adjust the price to the current. Is this true?

If you edit, you keep your deposit but basically reorder. As of today it would apply the 500 price update plus the wheels price upgrade AND have the effective effect of having placed your order on the date of the change. Increasing significantly the chance of not getting the car until september.

TL;DR don’t do it.

• Helpful
Reactions: JHCCAZ
Hello everyone!

I ordered the M3 SR+ MSM with 18” Aero Wheels on May 4.

Lately I’ve been thinking about the 19” Sport Wheels since I’ve seen awesome photos of powder coated ones. I’d opt to do this if I actually chose these wheels.

The price increased by $500 shortly after I ordered and thought I read somewhere that any edits made the online configurator will adjust the price to the current. Is this true?
So, I can only speak from my recent experience of ordering my M3 LR. I actually lost the ability to edit the order so had to contact a Tesla customer service person via online chat and she was able to make my change which was actually a big one (SR+ to LR). My delivery date went from 6/12-6/25 to 6/15-6/30. The price and information updated in less than 24 hours.

Also, I don’t think changing your wheels will make a huge if any difference in the delivery date. I have nothing to base this on as I only ordered one Tesla in my life but logically I can’t see how making a minor change like that would affect the date by much. These cars are all physically very similar and as long as you are not changing something after the VIN is issued then you are just making changes on paper.

It heavily depends on when you placed your order, when you update your order, and what is the destination (where will it be delivered).

It is frequent that wheels go out of stock in the tesla shop. Although from a build perspective it is not a big deal, from a supply one it is. I would assume a wheels changes to be as impactful as a color change. You would not get the same car IMO, which means delays. If it's very probable someone after you in the queue requested the same config, for sure that person gets your if you update your config.