Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Effect of adding FSD later (Insurance, etc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solution
Oh for sure, I was more concerned about invalidating the insurance policy completely.
Hi, @NamaDenki ,

Why would the insurance company "invalidate" your policy by adding a software add-on later? In my opinion, you don't have to worry about it, as it doesn't change the type-approval code (Keishiki in Japanese). They don't even notice.

As @glide said, you need to tell the insurance company that you've added FSD as an add-on to get it covered.

With "new car replacement coverage" (or Shinka-Tokuyaku in Japanese), even after a few years of depreciation, you can get a new car at no cost when your vehicle is totaled. If you order FSD on a vehicle purchase, the "new car replacement coverage" will also cover FSD.
Oh for sure, I was more concerned about invalidating the insurance policy completely.
Hi, @NamaDenki ,

Why would the insurance company "invalidate" your policy by adding a software add-on later? In my opinion, you don't have to worry about it, as it doesn't change the type-approval code (Keishiki in Japanese). They don't even notice.

As @glide said, you need to tell the insurance company that you've added FSD as an add-on to get it covered.

With "new car replacement coverage" (or Shinka-Tokuyaku in Japanese), even after a few years of depreciation, you can get a new car at no cost when your vehicle is totaled. If you order FSD on a vehicle purchase, the "new car replacement coverage" will also cover FSD.

Reactions: NamaDenki
Upvote 1
Solution