Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Trial ended, car updated to 2024.2.3 - what would happen if I subscribe to FSD today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to several sites that track software updates, etc, it appears that 2024.2.3 doesn't have FSD - is that likely true or do they just not have info yet on the FSD version? If it is true, if I were to subscribe today when it appears that no higher version of software exists currently, would my car downgrade or would I just have no FSD until a later version with FSD becomes available to my car?

Do you mean FSD beta or just FSD Capability package (including Navigate on Autopilot for highways, Summon, auto lane change, etc.)? If the latter, then yes, you'd be able to enable right away upon subscribing. If the former, then that's a question of whether FSDb is included in this version or not.

Cars cannot downgrade.

Upvote 0
According to several sites that track software updates, etc, it appears that 2024.2.3 doesn't have FSD - is that likely true or do they just not have info yet on the FSD version? If it is true, if I were to subscribe today when it appears that no higher version of software exists currently, would my car downgrade or would I just have no FSD until a later version with FSD becomes available to my car?
Teslafi, teslascope, etc. are not official sources of information.

Your car will NOT downgrade.

Upvote 0
As noted by others, Teslafi does seem a bit slow to tag with FSD. The same thing occurred with 2024.2.2, though it now does show the FSD tag.

BTW I have FSD purchased on both cars (one was transferred to a new car last Summer). I paid a total of $5000 on one car and $7000 on the other for what was then AP/FSD on one and EAP/FSD on the other — and that was plenty! Now that Tesla has again opened the “one-time” FSD transfer option, it seems pretty clear the current inflated $12,000 price, especially with no transfers, will not last much longer. I think you are smart to pay the monthly charge as needed and keep your eye open for a much lower permanent subscription price with transfer rights. Eventually I think FSD will be a part of every new Tesla’s base price. It's what will continue to make them a unique ev choice for at least a few years, especially after Superchargers are opened to other brands in the next year or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: RNHurt
Upvote 0
My new MX from 2/10 delivery also received 2024.2.3. Phone app stopped showing v11.4.9 FSD tag at bottom. Car still has FSD and I drove around to confirm. My suspicion was that during my first service, they had to replace the faulty FSD and install firmware they accidentally installed non FSD firmware. I'd transferred FSD and FUSC from my old X. I'm hoping the solution mentioned here is the case. I did try to talk to Tesla Service they said if the car has FSD thats the only proof. Then I saw this article which says so I guess we shall see. All in all those who got 2024.x we need to wait to receive FSD v12 😥
You must be on a holiday update release such as 2023.44.30.14 to be eligible to receive this update. If you’re currently on a 2024.2 update, you’ll need to wait until Tesla updates FSD Beta to be based on a 2024.2 or later update.

Upvote 0