Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach Releases Performance Pack Lowering Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the pics. I see exactly what you're talking about now. I didn't think those black trim pieces were that thick. I just hope they hold up well in the long term since I anticipate a lot of scraping. I'm seriously reconsidering the carbon fiber front lip now. It's supposedly only 0.5" lower than the factory front but on top of the 1" drop I'm planning to do with the coilovers, it might be a bad idea. I've had lowered cars in the past and it's always a hassle with slopes or having to go slowly over speed bumps in shopping plazas or parking structures when there's a bunch of cars behind you. I didn't mind it so much when I was younger but now I don't know...

I agree about the ridiculously large fender gaps of the car. Not sure what they were thinking to be honest. Also, for some strange reason your car looks lower compared to others with the same drop. Might just be the angle of the pics though. Have you tested it on any steep driveways?

I think it’s partially the color and just darker look. If you look at the other ones from the shop, they’re also quite low.

I think even with the lip, as long as it doesn’t stick out forward much more, it probably won’t be a big deal. I think the area I’ve highlighted will be the first area to provide issue even with an extra .5” on the front.

I took one weird driveway. Basically it goes from flat, then sharply down and to the right. It makes a 90 degree right hand sweeper in 15-20’. So you’re already turning the front wheel before your rear wheels hit the downhill part. It’s fairly steep and in that case I heard a light scratch from the area I’ve highlighted. I imagine if I go slower it’d be a non-issue. It’s super narrow so you have to take it straight on. My actual driveway is moderately steep and i can enter/exit it straight on. My ATS-V front would just touch if I didn’t work an angle.

I think the issues will be weird cambered driveways that have steep initial or finishing angles, not worried about speed bumps or driveways unless the driveway is super steep. It’s basically like driving a sports car. Corvette, Cayman, etc. but it’s not ridiculous like a Lambo.

I think it’s partially the color and just darker look. If you look at the other ones from the shop, they’re also quite low.

I think even with the lip, as long as it doesn’t stick out forward much more, it probably won’t be a big deal. I think the area I’ve highlighted will be the first area to provide issue even with an extra .5” on the front.

I took one weird driveway. Basically it goes from flat, then sharply down and to the right. It makes a 90 degree right hand sweeper in 15-20’. So you’re already turning the front wheel before your rear wheels hit the downhill part. It’s fairly steep and in that case I heard a light scratch from the area I’ve highlighted. I imagine if I go slower it’d be a non-issue. It’s super narrow so you have to take it straight on. My actual driveway is moderately steep and i can enter/exit it straight on. My ATS-V front would just touch if I didn’t work an angle.

I think the issues will be weird cambered driveways that have steep initial or finishing angles, not worried about speed bumps or driveways unless the driveway is super steep. It’s basically like driving a sports car. Corvette, Cayman, etc. but it’s not ridiculous like a Lambo.
Here's a pic of the lip I'm getting. It doesn't look too drastic of change from stock:
fullsizeoutput_be05_1000x.jpeg

My main concern has to do with my gf driving the car. Fortunately she doesn't drive it much. I've had some bad experiences in the past with low cars. Not with me driving but when others are driving my car. I had a C6 Corvette that was not lowered and my gf cracked the front end exiting a driveway. I had a lowered 300C SRT8 that my cousin was driving that ended up with the front bumper half ripped off. So yea I'm a bit paranoid now lol. It's been a while (10+ years) since I've driven a lowered car. If it's too much of a hassle I might just leave it stock height. But then I would have to put up with those hideous fender gaps. Ugh.

Just to clarify, those measurements you did were all post-spring installation, correct? It does give me hope that you said you can enter your driveway straight on. Do you have a pic of the driveway? I also have a decently steep driveway at my place. Can you take most speed bumps straight on? I always found it annoying to go over speed bumps in a crowded parking structure since there are cars next to you going the opposite direction. Which doesn't leave much room for you to angle your car properly.

Here's a pic of the lip I'm getting. It doesn't look too drastic of change from stock:
fullsizeoutput_be05_1000x.jpeg

My main concern has to do with my gf driving the car. Fortunately she doesn't drive it much. I've had some bad experiences in the past with low cars. Not with me driving but when others are driving my car. I had a C6 Corvette that was not lowered and my gf cracked the front end exiting a driveway. I had a lowered 300C SRT8 that my cousin was driving that ended up with the front bumper half ripped off. So yea I'm a bit paranoid now lol. It's been a while (10+ years) since I've driven a lowered car. If it's too much of a hassle I might just leave it stock height. But then I would have to put up with those hideous fender gaps. Ugh.

Just to clarify, those measurements you did were all post-spring installation, correct? It does give me hope that you said you can enter your driveway straight on. Do you have a pic of the driveway? I also have a decently steep driveway at my place. Can you take most speed bumps straight on? I always found it annoying to go over speed bumps in a crowded parking structure since there are cars next to you going the opposite direction. Which doesn't leave much room for you to angle your car properly.

Yes, all post installation. I've gone over dozens of speed bumps and road humps, and have been able to take all of them head on, so I wouldn't worry about it. Looking at your lip, it doesn't doesn't look too bad and seems to have some tapering, I don't think it'll be lower than the piece in front of the rear wheels. As stated, I only had an issue on this really awkward driveway/ramp. It's such an atypical ramp and not part of a road/driveway, I'm not worried about it. It's poorly designed and angled and I only briefly touched that rear trim piece underneath where there would never be any visual damage. I'm sure people at stock height have hit that routinely.

Reactions: hydro 481
Yes, all post installation. I've gone over dozens of speed bumps and road humps, and have been able to take all of them head on, so I wouldn't worry about it. Looking at your lip, it doesn't doesn't look too bad and seems to have some tapering, I don't think it'll be lower than the piece in front of the rear wheels. As stated, I only had an issue on this really awkward driveway/ramp. It's such an atypical ramp and not part of a road/driveway, I'm not worried about it. It's poorly designed and angled and I only briefly touched that rear trim piece underneath where there would never be any visual damage. I'm sure people at stock height have hit that routinely.
Thanks. I feel better now. I'm probably being overconcerned. Just don't wanna deal with the "I told you so" if something happens lol.

BTW are you using spacers at all? That might explain why your car looks lower than others.

Thanks. I feel better now. I'm probably being overconcerned. Just don't wanna deal with the "I told you so" if something happens lol.

BTW are you using spacers at all? That might explain why your car looks lower than others.

No spacers. It’s possibly just the color combos and angles. If you look at the previous dripped pics of other cars, they look just as low and maybe even lower.

Really bad shot just after getting them installed. It’s definitely a lot lower than I thought. I had a motorized scooter, springs and a baby seat in the trunk. One off camber driveway I felt the plastic part right in front of the left rear briefly rub the ground. I didn’t see any scratch and that area is a full 1” or so lower than the battery which is more centered. It was able to go into my auto car wash and clear the track system, something my 2016 Cadillac ATSV couldn’t do.

View attachment 413015
LOL...that rear looks totally slammed! .5 “ less in back would be better. Reverse rake looks worse than a little more wheel gap. The reverse rake squatting rear end looks like someone’s transporting some serious pork. Uncle Jessie and Cletus 300 pounders riding in back on a Mickie D’s run followed up with a trip to DQ for some blizzard action. Hitting a 4 foot snake in the road means dragging some major bodywork...LMAO...You’d be leaving parts behind. Bump bump..scrape...WTF was that???? I think you rode over a snake Bro! Dayum...it could even cause airbag deployment...LMAO.

PS: The reverse rake would look really cool if you were to drive in reverse really fast...then it would look right. ;)

Last edited:
LOL...that rear looks totally slammed! .5 “ less in back would be better. Reverse rake looks worse than a little more wheel gap. The reverse rake squatting rear end looks like someone’s transporting some serious pork. Uncle Jessie and Cletus 300 pounders riding in back on a Mickie D’s run followed up with a trip to DQ for some blizzard action. Hitting a 4 foot snake in the road means dragging some major bodywork...LMAO...You’d be leaving parts behind. Bump bump..scrape...WTF was that???? I think you rode over a snake Bro! Dayum...it could even cause airbag deployment...LMAO.

PS: The reverse rake would look really cool if you were to drive in reverse really fast...then it would look right. ;)
I'm sorry man but those jokes were really bad...like 'Adam Sandler movie' bad.

Also, I'm just wondering how you afford a P3D if you're only 16??

That alignment sheet is incorrect,

How did the camber go more postive when you lowered it? Before/after.

Do you know if they actually aligned it or was that just a align check?

You can’t adjust camber. The before/after is not before and after the lowering springs. It was before and after adjustments. While you can’t adjust camber directly, adjusting the other things made camber change marginally, but basically it wasn’t changed.

Again, before doesn’t mean before lowering, it means before adjusting anything. Make sense?

• Informative
Reactions: mal_tsla
Last night in dinner, I parked next to a stock height P3D, nice car by the way, loved the blacked out rims. Here are a few shots. I'd love to have gotten a side shot with both, but alas it was raining and I don't know the person who owns this.

20190604_222912763_iOS.jpg

20190604_222917162_iOS.jpg

20190604_222924214_iOS.jpg

20190604_222927433_iOS.jpg

Attachments

• 20190604_222930156_iOS.jpg
    20190604_222930156_iOS.jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 20190604_222932562_iOS.jpg
    20190604_222932562_iOS.jpg
    685.4 KB · Views: 125
  • Informative
Reactions: robski
Show the squatty rear with the reverse rake. Reverse rake makes the the car look like it’s doing a max launch from a stop while not really moving. Why Eibach dropped the rear and slammed it like that in the rear is really strange. Unless I wanted to go for the two 300 pound biggies in the back look I’d never do this mod. To each their own though. Rock on.