Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach Releases Performance Pack Lowering Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I’ve been following this thread for a few weeks. I have a Model 3 Performance (Non-Performance Package) that I bought in Aug 2018. I recently upgraded my stock Aero wheels to 20” TSW Aileron wheels with a Toyo Proxes 4 Plus staggered wheels, mid-to-low profile tires, so not much cushioning.

I’m having the worst ride these days, it’s super bumpy, feels every pin on the road, every small groove or ditch the car goes over, hits my brain and my ears with the cabin making noise. On high speeds and big bumps, the car goes like a horse - up and down. I am so frustrated. I keep the PSI to 41 (Cool) - 45 (Hot). I’m looking for a smooth ride, something that will cushion up much more and give me less bumpy ride.

I called Unplugged Performance, they recommended MILD springs. I ordered them on the phone (free shipping), and they’re backordered till end of August.

Did I make the right call?

Thanks Fitz and Sanjuvarma for supporting our independent small business - We're pushing to have our new springs for you hopefully in 4 weeks or so in both cases. Our newest Mild springs are going to be our most comfortable spring we've ever made. We've enhanced our engineering on that and may actually rename it to "comfort spec" based on our engineering tweaks. Our new Moderates are also getting even further optimized. This is one of the benefits of making these for multiple years and being deeply involved in the engineering, we continue to make micro optimizations with every production run.

Reactions: aspec818
Thanks Fitz and Sanjuvarma for supporting our independent small business - We're pushing to have our new springs for you hopefully in 4 weeks or so in both cases. Our newest Mild springs are going to be our most comfortable spring we've ever made. We've enhanced our engineering on that and may actually rename it to "comfort spec" based on our engineering tweaks. Our new Moderates are also getting even further optimized. This is one of the benefits of making these for multiple years and being deeply involved in the engineering, we continue to make micro optimizations with every production run.

What are the drop specs?

when r u releasing these new comfort springs and what r the specs?

Eibach has the springs in stock for RWD SR+. I’m debating if I should go with these or the Mild springs from UP.

Anyone have suggestions or either springs installed on their 3 RWD SR+?

C2D2A367-02C3-49EA-BEE5-455E915F90AF.png

Eibach has the springs in stock for RWD SR+. I’m debating if I should go with these or the Mild springs from UP.

Anyone have suggestions or either springs installed on their 3 RWD SR+?

View attachment 451574

I have an LR RWD and for what it’s worth, I am 100% completely satisfied with my Eibach springs. I chose them because I’ve had their springs on previous modified vehicles and have never had any issues, not to mention they are one of the leaders in suspension. The ride height is perfect for me and even with a staggered 20” set-up, the ride quality is comfortable.

If my googling research is correct, the gross curb weight difference between an SR+ vs LR is 178lbs. That’s basically 2 kids in riding in the back seats. Not sure how much more additional engineering goes into changing the spring rates for 178lbs, but If the SR+ springs are readily available, I don’t think you’ll regret getting them. I haven’t had any issues whatsoever, nor have I read anyone else have them either. Can’t say the same for some of the other products out there that are basically white-labeling their brand name.

Good luck your decision.

Reactions: skrtskrt
Look at the part numbers, the LR rwd and the SR+ are the same part number, but they charge more for the LR rwd for some reason. Such a joke!

I want a 1" drop front and back for my SR+, so waiting not so patiently until someone releases a proper SR+ spring.

Reactions: ZKOE247

I would wait, this is a reply from Unplugged performance from another thread. "NewThe SR requires different spring engineering due to the weights over the front and rear wheels being different. As others have noticed you'll see irregular heights installing LR springs on a SR car. Irregular heights however are just the start of it, the reality is that the spring rates are paired for the wrong car in those cases. I would imagine most spring manufacturers are making specific springs for the SR. I know we are. We make specific springs for the SR (coming soon), for the LR RWD, for the Dual Motor and also we make specific springs for the P3D. And for each of those cars we make usually 2-3 versions of spring for each. And for every spring we make we make two different distinct linear springs rates engineering into a single spring. It can be maddening but it is worth it to have the properly paired spring for the application".

Reactions: ZKOE247
I see Eibach lists both RWD LR and RWD SR+ as the same part number, but the ride height is listed differently.

LR: 1” front, 1.1” rear
SR+: 0.8” front, 0.8” rear

Being that they share the same part number, are they still the same springs?