Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach Sway Bars Finally Available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bumping up a semi-old thread from the dead... Hey, when you consider how "old" the 3 is, this thread is ancient!

For those that have installed the Eibach sway bars, any updates after several months and additional miles of use? Any NVH, major shifting, paint scuffs, etc? I bought a set on Black Friday (15% off) but they're back-ordered. My Christmas gift to myself likely won't be here until the new year. Being in Canada and cross-border shipping doesn't help the timeline of course. :(

Also, for the Canadians here, have any of you come across any Canadian vendors that sell the sway bar lateral lock clamps (from either DST or Whiteline) for a decent price? Trying to reduce the cross-border shipping lag and/or any customs charges. The few Canadian vendors I found either don't sell both sizes or are about double the price of ordering the equivalent from a US vendor (factoring shipping and USD-CAD $ conversion).

the issue I have is there is a popping, clunking sound when going up or down a driveway. I can feel it in the pedal. Didnt have this issue prior to install. Dont know if this is from the sways or lowering springs since I had them installed at the same time.
It is likely the sway bars. You can rule them out quickly by removing the endlinks. It is probably a loose endlink though!

We have so many bad roads in Hong Kong and shops are not torqueing the swaybars / endlinks nuts and bolts properly. A lot of the suspension moving noise coming into the cabin, ask your mechanic to follow the spec or you can simply do it by yourself.

Bumping up a semi-old thread from the dead... Hey, when you consider how "old" the 3 is, this thread is ancient!

For those that have installed the Eibach sway bars, any updates after several months and additional miles of use? Any NVH, major shifting, paint scuffs, etc?
For DD duty and anything but pristine roads, I would not recommend these or any aftermarket anti-sways or endlinks on a Model 3/Y. Great for track toy duty, completely unneccesary for daily driving.

Out of the three letters that make up the NVH acronym, the first one (noise) is a non-issue if installed correctly - torque specs with proper ample lube on the bushings, etc. Vibration scores a minor uptick, harshness is far more pronounced and, unless you are in your 20s/30s - it is ultra annoying.

Why not pickup a set of universal clamps we talked about in FSB/RSB threads before? Maybe easier to source and ship to Canada?
Universal Sway Bar Lateral Locks

They have the right size for the Eibach and other front and rear anti-sway bars, but in reality you only need the rears as that bar definetly shifts around and contrary to popular belief, its not all within a safe margins.

Good luck with the super easy install, hope they are worthwhile for you.

For those that have installed the Eibach sway bars, any updates after several months and additional miles of use? Any NVH, major shifting, paint scuffs, etc? I bought a set on Black Friday (15% off) but they're back-ordered. My Christmas gift to myself likely won't be here until the new year. Being in Canada and cross-border shipping doesn't help the timeline of course. :(

Also, for the Canadians here, have any of you come across any Canadian vendors that sell the sway bar lateral lock clamps (from either DST or Whiteline) for a decent price? Trying to reduce the cross-border shipping lag and/or any customs charges. The few Canadian vendors I found either don't sell both sizes or are about double the price of ordering the equivalent from a US vendor (factoring shipping and USD-CAD $ conversion).

I looked around and did not see any Canadian distributors when I was swaybar shopping and that's the reason I went with the UP swaybars since they don't need the locks with the flanges built-in. Although the locks are reasonably priced from suspension.com, shipping to Canada is 4x the price of the links!!. There goes the savings from buying the Eibachs.

Although said before, make sure you torque everything properly to spec. The endlink torque specs are much higher then the torque specs for the bushing clamps and members have mixed this up before causing some not-so-good results.

btw, @MountainPass, still backed up? Need production laxatives? lol

I've had the eibach on for 4 months now. No issues. Used the longer bolts from Blowes/Home Creepo. Significantly helped my autocross experience, does nothing for normal* driving.

*Assumes you are not that asshat doing 100, doing multiple lane changes on the expressway etc..

Reactions: Perscitus
Another "Bump from the Dead".... Any news from Eibach about the lateral movement on these rear sway bars? Just sent them a tech message as well....

Had mine installed for about a year now, and sure enough when it went up on the lift yesterday it's shifted to the right about 1+" and seems to cause control arm rubbing with the end link. Should have taken a picture but forgot. In this position it also really crimps the left side lower end link bushing.

Any reports on those lateral locks moving? Thought I read they did little to nothing to keep things in place.

Considering putting the OEM bar back on at this point if there is no revision...not worth damage to the other suspension components or unpredictable handling due to the shift.

My other issue is a click/clunk noise at low speeds turning in the front since day one of install. A few shops thought it was the springs but considering what I've been reading it's likely the front sway bar, similar to the UP bars that needed an updated bushing.

Another "Bump from the Dead".... Any news from Eibach about the lateral movement on these rear sway bars? Just sent them a tech message as well....

Had mine installed for about a year now, and sure enough when it went up on the lift yesterday it's shifted to the right about 1+" and seems to cause control arm rubbing with the end link. Should have taken a picture but forgot. In this position it also really crimps the left side lower end link bushing.

Any reports on those lateral locks moving? Thought I read they did little to nothing to keep things in place.

Considering putting the OEM bar back on at this point if there is no revision...not worth damage to the other suspension components or unpredictable handling due to the shift.

My other issue is a click/clunk noise at low speeds turning in the front since day one of install. A few shops thought it was the springs but considering what I've been reading it's likely the front sway bar, similar to the UP bars that needed an updated bushing.
They’ll send you a revised rear with collars. That’s what they did for me after I complained. No issues from the front for me, tho.

• Informative
Reactions: NJturtlePower
They’ll send you a revised rear with collars. That’s what they did for me after I complained. No issues from the front for me, tho.
Thanks for that feedback! 🙌

I sent them a message this morning asking them to confirm if there has been an update to the part, but when they responded a few hours later they just said please send us pictures of the issue. Great to hear they are owning it and making it right.

So problem solved as far as you're concerned in the rear? 🤔

clicking could be unrelated. I had a distinct rear wheel click at one time and it was the wheel bearing that needed to be torqued to spec.

• Disagree
Thanks for that feedback! 🙌

I sent them a message this morning asking them to confirm if there has been an update to the part, but when they responded a few hours later they just said please send us pictures of the issue. Great to hear they are owning it and making it right.

So problem solved as far as you're concerned in the rear? 🤔
I haven't checked but it's literally physically impossible for it to shift at this point.

CONFIRED (or at least reconfirmed Dolemite) that Eibach WILL be replacing any rear sway bars with proof of shifting / lateral movement. 👍

This was the last response I received after submitting pictures of my bar shift, "Please forward your proof of purchase and confirm your shipping address and phone number. The bars in stock should be the updated bars with the bushing rings. I'll have to check with the warehouse to make sure. - Team Eibach"

To be continued....

Attachments

• image_50446081.JPG
    image_50446081.JPG
    492.2 KB · Views: 110
  • image_50443265.JPG
    image_50443265.JPG
    468.4 KB · Views: 75
  • image_50419969.JPG
    image_50419969.JPG
    557.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image_50741505.JPG
    image_50741505.JPG
    803 KB · Views: 81
CONFIRED (or at least reconfirmed Dolemite) that Eibach WILL be replacing any rear sway bars with proof of shifting / lateral movement. 👍

This was the last response I received after submitting pictures of my bar shift, "Please forward your proof of purchase and confirm your shipping address and phone number. The bars in stock should be the updated bars with the bushing rings. I'll have to check with the warehouse to make sure. - Team Eibach"

To be continued....
So finally got around to installing the V2 Eibach rear sway bar which they sent me free of charge as a warranty replacement of the V1.

As shown, the new V2 bars have welded bushing rings/ribs in place which makes lateral movement impossible and man does it feel better...now running the inside firm setting. So flat and tight!!! Yeah I know...that's what he said! 😂

Hats off to Eibach for making things right, better late than never in my book. 👍

Attachments

• B5D6020D-37FD-4436-9BC9-ACACCE9B4DF4.jpeg
    B5D6020D-37FD-4436-9BC9-ACACCE9B4DF4.jpeg
    785.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 85A8C506-C2BC-476E-93C2-6D92F0124BB1.jpeg
    85A8C506-C2BC-476E-93C2-6D92F0124BB1.jpeg
    745.7 KB · Views: 68