Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

El Paso Texas options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello from El Paso Texas.

I am trying to find our the options for El Paso Texas. Are there any Tesla approved shops in the Area? Where is the closest center for delivery? I have looked for answers on this forum but so far I have been unsuccessful.

I appreciate any information or tips

Closest service center in Texas may be San Antonio. Phoenix area has one, which is closer. You can always get home delivery.
As for body shop, the closest one I see is in ABQ
I’m in a similar boat...6 hour drive for me. I’ve had mobile service come out once. I bet El Paso has mobile service available if issues arise.

My sister lives in El Paso. She just took delivery of her Model 3 last month, and husband is ordering a Model X. There is no showroom in El Paso, but there are two full time Tesla mechanics that live there and take care of any local issues that come up.

Delivery in El Paso is typically sent to San Antonio where the car is inspected for registration, and then sent by truck where you can setup home delivery. Please let me know if you have any other specific questions.

Cool thing is now Tesla is doing home charger installations themselves as of a couple months ago.

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus
Might be considering a move to El Paso. Any idea what the mobile tech can cover? If a flatbed is needed to San Antonio do you know if they flatbed it back so we don’t need to drive back and forth?

Appreciate it.

They have a Ranger in El Paso now- used to be serviced by the Tucson Rangers, but now they have their own according to my rangers in Tucson

They can do most repairs right on your driveway- I suspect if they needed to replace the drive unit, they would flatbed the vehicle to Tucson ( our rangers can do DU's here now)

Hello I posted this in the charging section as well. Looks like El Paso electric has a time of use rate. 26 cents peak (Monday through Friday 12-6, June - Sept) and off peak it’s only half a cent. While the peak rate is high this still seems like a good deal to me.

I have both a 3 and X and think this plan will actually save us a lot of money over the year given the super low off peak rate. I know AC will consume a lot on peak times but we are planning on using a nest and keeping it warmer during those time periods.

Does anyone who lives there have experience with the TOU program? It’s a 12 month contract if you opt in. Looking at my calcs given a sample usage of 3000 KWh it would be about $16 with an additional base rate of $10. That’s considering double the usage we use currently in our location. That’s a steal for 8 months out of the year.

Hello I posted this in the charging section as well. Looks like El Paso electric has a time of use rate. 26 cents peak (Monday through Friday 12-6, June - Sept) and off peak it’s only half a cent. While the peak rate is high this still seems like a good deal to me.

I have both a 3 and X and think this plan will actually save us a lot of money over the year given the super low off peak rate. I know AC will consume a lot on peak times but we are planning on using a nest and keeping it warmer during those time periods.

Does anyone who lives in El Paso have experience with the TOU program? It’s a 12 month contract if you opt in. Looking at my calcs given a sample usage of 3000 KWh it would be about $16 with an additional base rate of $10. That’s considering double the usage we use currently in our location. That’s a steal for 8 months out of the year. Am I totally off or underestimating the cost of AC during peak hours?

Hi folks,

El Paso/West Texas is served by three Mobile Service Technicians, AKA Rangers.

We most recently opened up a ‘By Appointment Only’ location in El Paso. It’s fitted with the equipment necesssry to ensure your cars are Serviced quickly and efficiently, without a heavy tow requirement to San Antonio or Austin.

The location is by appointment only.l for now. Because most jobs are being completed by Rangers, its become more rare for cars to come in to a physical location. But when your vehicle needs something that requires a lift, we now have your back in El Paso. No more heavy tows to AZ or to San Antonio or Austin. :)

Thank you so much for the support!

Here’s the info - Find Us | Tesla

Hi folks,

El Paso/West Texas is served by three Mobile Service Technicians, AKA Rangers.

We most recently opened up a ‘By Appointment Only’ location in El Paso. It’s fitted with the equipment necesssry to ensure your cars are Serviced quickly and efficiently, without a heavy tow requirement to San Antonio or Austin.

The location is by appointment only.l for now. Because most jobs are being completed by Rangers, its become more rare for cars to come in to a physical location. But when your vehicle needs something that requires a lift, we now have your back in El Paso. No more heavy tows to AZ or to San Antonio or Austin. :)

Thank you so much for the support!

Here’s the info - Find Us | Tesla

Great news, thanks for the update. Will be moving there this June. Not having a service center was a little concerning, but this is reassuring. Not that my Tesla’s need much in terms of maintenance in the first place.

Well, it's not a garage. :) It's an actual location. Not very large, but a great stepping stone for El Paso and gives us the ability to service customers quickly without towing to dramatic lengths. :)

Thanks so much folks!

This is so perfect. We recently replaced my wife’s car with a second Tesla and have no more gas cars. So I had some reservations about moving to El Paso, but those reservations are put to rest. Thank you guys for the hard work!