Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrek/Fred Lambert comments (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question (because I'm clueless on this): I've seen a couple of scornful mentions of Fred/Electrek. What's the deal there?

Mod: Fred is a polarizing figure and all discussion of him/Elektrek has been banned from this thread. There is a dedicated discussion thread at
Electrek/Fred Lambert comments (out of main)
This post, and any replies, will be moved to it.
--ggr

Last edited by a moderator:
Question (because I'm clueless on this): I've seen a couple of scornful mentions of Fred/Electrek. What's the deal there?
A couple of years ago Electrec turned from a decent site to using clickbait headlines and when there is an opportunity often have a negative Tesla spin on those clickbaits. Presumably because negative Tesla headlines used to get more clicks than positive.

I seem to recall some change in ownership around the same time.

Electrec is the only Tesla/EV site I use adblock on.

A couple of years ago Electrec turned from a decent site to using clickbait headlines and when there is an opportunity often have a negative Tesla spin on those clickbaits. Presumably because negative Tesla headlines used to get more clicks than positive.

I seem to recall some change in ownership around the same time.

Electrec is the only Tesla/EV site I use adblock on.

this. totally shameless clickbait headlines and bad reporting. also nurtures trolls and shadow-bans Tesla bulls.

Reactions: PV4EV