Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric rates - Ameren Missouri allows you to choose your plan.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got 'Smart' electric meters installed in my neighborhood and they are rolling out throughout my area. This led me to looking on the site to see the benefits of the Smart Meter which is kind of neat, breaks down how much energy you are dedicating towards: lighting, pool pump, laundry, refrigerator, heating/cooling, etc

Then I saw that you can choose your electric rate plan and here are the options below.

Figure is its being offered here in MO it would be available many other places but don't really see this come up.

I think the Ultimate Saver option would be great for an electric car and just pre cool/heat your home outside of the On-Peak 4 or 2 hour windows

1658418133814.png

1658418103411.png

1658418161934.png
1658418195975.png

1658418217491.png

Attachments

• 1658418079065.png
    1658418079065.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Informative
Reactions: 3geekfamily
I'm impressed. Here in the usually enlightened and progressive state of MA, there are no plan options to choose from. We don't even have reduced rates for off-peak hours. The last time I looked only two states had higher electricity mates than MA. They were CA and HI. Yet despite all that, my phone app tells me I've saved $91 in the past month compared to a gas powered car going the same miles.

I just got 'Smart' electric meters installed in my neighborhood and they are rolling out throughout my area. This led me to looking on the site to see the benefits of the Smart Meter which is kind of neat, breaks down how much energy you are dedicating towards: lighting, pool pump, laundry, refrigerator, heating/cooling, etc

Then I saw that you can choose your electric rate plan and here are the options below.

Figure is its being offered here in MO it would be available many other places but don't really see this come up.

I think the Ultimate Saver option would be great for an electric car and just pre cool/heat your home outside of the On-Peak 4 or 2 hour windows

View attachment 830988

View attachment 830987

View attachment 830989View attachment 830990

View attachment 830991
Also for a little more info, once the Smart Meter has been running for 'X' amount of time you can see how your monthly bill will change with each option. Since I just got mine installed in the last month there is not enough data to show how these will effect my plan rate - time will tell

I'm impressed. Here in the usually enlightened and progressive state of MA, there are no plan options to choose from. We don't even have reduced rates for off-peak hours. The last time I looked only two states had higher electricity mates than MA. They were CA and HI. Yet despite all that, my phone app tells me I've saved $91 in the past month compared to a gas powered car going the same miles.
its about .34c per kWh on eversource basic rate and I am getting about .26c on a community aggregate rate. super expensive for electric in mass

• Informative
its about .34c per kWh on eversource basic rate and I am getting about .26c on a community aggregate rate. super expensive for electric in mass
My rate here is 26.3 cents per kWh. It's expensive all over MA but on the bright side, I read somewhere that 38% of our electricity is from hydro, solar and wind. Most of that hydro power is imported from Quebec. But there are about 7 or 8 small hydro power generators out here in Franklin County

Why would anyone choose Smart Savers when Ultimate Savers is less expensive for any time of day?

I tracked down the plans online, and they're a little more complex, based on the chart above, yeah, it looks like there's no point in the Smart Savers vs. the Ultimate Savers, but they have different days-of-the-week, weekends, there's a bit about holidays, etc.

It's in the middle of the page, there's a toggle for those two plans and you can compare the details:

I tracked down the plans online, and they're a little more complex, based on the chart above, yeah, it looks like there's no point in the Smart Savers vs. the Ultimate Savers, but they have different days-of-the-week, weekends, there's a bit about holidays, etc.

It's in the middle of the page, there's a toggle for those two plans and you can compare the details:

Looks like Ultimate Savers is always cheaper than Smart Savers except that it has a demand charge described as:

"This rate has a demand charge, which means that each month, your hour of highest usage between 6am – 10pm will be charged at a higher per-kW rate (see details below)."

And the demand charge is $7.71 in the summer and $3.18 in the winter (presumably per kW). That means that the much higher price of your highest use hour during the month may counteract the lower rates that Ultimate Savers has.

Looks like Ultimate Savers is always cheaper than Smart Savers except that it has a demand charge described as:

"This rate has a demand charge, which means that each month, your hour of highest usage between 6am – 10pm will be charged at a higher per-kW rate (see details below)."

And the demand charge is $7.71 in the summer and $3.18 in the winter (presumably per kW). That means that the much higher price of your highest use hour during the month may counteract the lower rates that Ultimate Savers has.
That's an insane demand charge during the summer!

They're going to get their money somehow. The local co-op we have for power has a similar plan for time-of-day service with a demand charge... No idea why I would choose that, though, when our normal summer rate is only 9.74 cents/kWh.

My rate here is 26.3 cents per kWh. It's expensive all over MA but on the bright side, I read somewhere that 38% of our electricity is from hydro, solar and wind. Most of that hydro power is imported from Quebec. But there are about 7 or 8 small hydro power generators out here in Franklin County
Yes the rates I listed are with the delivery and actual power rate factored in. The cost of electric here is really expensive. I wish we could hop onto TOU power rates. I think in MA there is a minimum of 49% of your electric has to come from a renewable resource. If you download the ISO to go app on your phone, you can see the import/export of power from other regions and canada. you can also see what types of fuel are being used to make electricity. here is a link for the web browser version. ISO New England - Real-Time Maps and Charts