Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Scooters at Supercharger Stations

Would you appreciate having access to a rental electric scooter while waiting to charge up?

• Yes?

• No?

• Maybe?

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever stop to charge during a roadtrip and want to do a little sightseeing while you're there? Most likely, if your food/shopping destination is more than a 10 minute walk your not going to hoof it.

I recently considered buying an electric scooter to keep in the trunk for this purpose but then realized....

What a great idea it would be for Tesla to keep rental scooters (looking at you byrd, lime or Tesla maybe?) at supercharger stations!! That way if the restaurant or store or just sight you want to see is on the other side of the freeway or just up the road a bit you could get there and back in time to not get hit with idle fees or just get back on the road in a hurry.

Also, good chance they would come back and be available at the stations since everyone would get their cars after charging.

Thoughts?

Rather than scooters, I'd like to have a shuttle to whatever restaurant row is nearby. Some places deliver food. How about picking up the customers? lol I don't know if Uber and that ilk is good for this. I guess you could arrange the pickup enough in advance, but how reliable are they at meeting you at the time you arrive? You don't have to waste much time to pick up idle fees.

Speedway mini

Attachments

• BAAF5EE9-27D9-44EB-8460-AB2DF845835C.jpeg
    BAAF5EE9-27D9-44EB-8460-AB2DF845835C.jpeg
    398.5 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: SageBrush