Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric vs ICE During a Pandemic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
OK, so hopefully still hypothetical but...

Should the country go into lockdown, movement of goods and services restricted, surely there would be a shortage of petrol and diesel way before they turned off the national grid.

Therefore, could owners of electric vehicles be called upon by the govt. to assist with emergency transportation?

I think I'd be willing to assist.

Should the country go into lockdown, movement of goods and services restricted, surely there would be a shortage of petrol and diesel way before they turned off the national grid.

Therefore, could owners of electric vehicles be called upon by the govt. to assist with emergency transportation?

Are you thinking you'll get some blue lights for the dash too? ;o)

• Funny
Reactions: Rooster6655

It’s not a zombie apocalypse, it’s just interacting with sick people that is the concern.

Deliveries will all be made for fuel and groceries it is just those bulk buyers at supermarkets who are causing the shortages

It’s not a zombie apocalypse, it’s just interacting with sick people that is the concern.

Deliveries will all be made for fuel and groceries it is just those bulk buyers at supermarkets who are causing the shortages

Speaking of which....

Let me know if you hear where I can get more toilet rolls. I'm good through end April but looking uncertain after then.

And yeh, those bulk buyers are the ones causing the biggest problems.

Last edited:
The people who laughed at the idea of a car with bio defence are the ones now asking for a lift everywhere!

As far as I'm aware the filter doesn't filter this virus -- dust and bacteria only.

More lifts, more people, more risk - even worse if you go buy a coffee and take a leak while waiting to charge. ICE rules here 'cos shorter refuel and the petrol vapour while doing it is quite a good disinfectant as is the exhaust from the car in front....

..just saying.

As far as I'm aware the filter doesn't filter this virus -- dust and bacteria only.

More lifts, more people, more risk - even worse if you go buy a coffee and take a leak while waiting to charge. ICE rules here 'cos shorter refuel and the petrol vapour while doing it is quite a good disinfectant as is the exhaust from the car in front....

..just saying.

Or Tesla rules cos refueling only at home in splendid hermetically sealed self-isolation...

Or Tesla rules cos refueling only at home in splendid hermetically sealed self-isolation...

I don't need to worry about hermetically sealed self isolation - nearest neighbour is 400yds downwind. I doubt superman could cough that far. Neverthelss as a vindictive soul i do cough East by South east...it's 200miles to Westminster Palace but it makes me feel better...

• Funny
Reactions: drewpost