Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electricity outage at Superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im supposed to be driving through Georgia tomorrow. Is there any way to tell if there are any supercharges that have lost electricity from hurricane damage? Tesla is no help. I tried to call the 800 number and was told there would be a one hour wait. I guess support isn't a high priority right now.

Sunny here E of Atlanta power is fine , we did not loose power in the past 10 days so the Atlanta area superchargers should be fine.
A bit of rain yesterday and last nite no unusual winds in the area,
The Superchargers along I-20 should be OK to the East in Athens and to the west at Oxford should be OK also.

The Superchargers directly in Mikey's path such as Lake City FL, Tifton, Macon, Kingsland GA I don't know.

You can drop by and use my HPWC which is set up to deliver 48A , just PM me or use the Decatur SC they showed reduced service recently for the 3q delivery push.

Sunny here E of Atlanta power is fine , we did not loose power in the past 10 days so the Atlanta area superchargers should be fine.
A bit of rain yesterday and last nite no unusual winds in the area,
The Superchargers along I-20 should be OK to the East in Athens and to the west at Oxford should be OK also.

The Superchargers directly in Mikey's path such as Lake City FL, Tifton, Macon, Kingsland GA I don't know.

You can drop by and use my HPWC which is set up to deliver 48A , just PM me or use the Decatur SC they showed reduced service recently for the 3q delivery push.
I should have been more specific in my original post. It's Tifton and possibly Macon that I need. I was able to get through to Tesla and both have power. For anyone else that might need them, in Macon 1-A, 1-B, 3-A, 3-B and 4-A are at full power, the others are at reduced power. In Tifton all are at full power except for 1-A and 2-B.

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan
I should have been more specific in my original post. It's Tifton and possibly Macon that I need. I was able to get through to Tesla and both have power. For anyone else that might need them, in Macon 1-A, 1-B, 3-A, 3-B and 4-A are at full power, the others are at reduced power. In Tifton all are at full power except for 1-A and 2-B.
You almost answered your own question. By coming here to this forum to check, you realized that this forum is probably one of the most current sources to see if something was going on at specific sites. So you could check the specific discussion threads for each of those Superchargers you are asking about.

As far as finding them, it may sound a little roundabout, but I go to the map at www.supercharge.info because it's easy to find the city and click the Supercharger dot. Then click "discuss". That links right to the thread for that Supercharger. In your case:
Supercharger - Tifton, GA
Supercharger - Macon, GA

And since you did the legwork to check them out, it would be really helpful to add that info to those forum threads to let others know.

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisC

Even if chargers are reporting currently available, I'd highly recommend stopping whenever a charger is available until you have enough to make it into Atlanta. With the amount of damage, the Power Companies may have to interrupt power to fix it.

I'd just recommend being safe and spending some time at Lake City, Tifton, and Macon if available. You may skip Macon if you can make it into Atlanta. But then again, it would help break up the drive and keep you from immediately heading to an ATL Supercharger.

You almost answered your own question. By coming here to this forum to check, you realized that this forum is probably one of the most current sources to see if something was going on at specific sites. So you could check the specific discussion threads for each of those Superchargers you are asking about.

As far as finding them, it may sound a little roundabout, but I go to the map at www.supercharge.info because it's easy to find the city and click the Supercharger dot. Then click "discuss". That links right to the thread for that Supercharger. In your case:
Supercharger - Tifton, GA
Supercharger - Macon, GA

And since you did the legwork to check them out, it would be really helpful to add that info to those forum threads to let others know.
Sorry for the late response. That was great input. I’ll plan on that for the future. The trip turned out fine, by the way. Was able to get enough charge in Tifton to make it to Atlanta.