Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrified Expo NY 8/12/2023 Great Tesla Showing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kpanda17

Oct 17, 2022
USA
Today in NY was the Electrify Expo
1691895313734.png

Very busy with a lot of public interest in electric transportation. Hands on driving demos of skateboards, scooters, e-bikes, motorcycles, and of course EVs.

Kia, VW, BMW, Lexus, Toyota and Ford were there.

And the king,Tesla.

The biggest demo lines and interest was in Tesla.
I was able to drive a Model S and the acceleration was insane.
The S had the larger screen horizontal and no stocks. Turn signals on the left part of the steering wheel was an easy adjustment. The right stalk being gone, gear controls are on the screen, a bit of an adjustment. I should have noticed where they put FSD activate but did not check.

Have to give kudos to Ford for they had a very large exclusive demo area for tracking MachEs.

Final word, my family was impressed by the Tesla staff behavior as they were very informed and committed, showing leadership in rhe EV space.

Go Tesla and PSEG; rhe local electric utility for sponsoring the event, heads up and coupon codes.

Well done.

Electrify Expo in Alameda, CA earlier this year was pretty good too. One big downside though was that the test drive waits were pretty long. Some had it so that you could reserve a time slot instead of waiting the whole time.

Unless you arrived at the open, one wouldn't be able to test drive many cars.

Electrify Expo in Alameda, CA earlier this year was pretty good too. One big downside though was that the test drive waits were pretty long. Some had it so that you could reserve a time slot instead of waiting the whole time.

Unless you arrived at the open, one wouldn't be able to test drive many cars.
Shows you the difference between NY and Cali, we are not there yet. We are just post early adopter. Cali is deep in the transition.

https://assets.website-files.com/5e5c46432c0cd92cc76fd1e4/6495cf31be8d0755cf202138_2023_EE_Alameda Wayfinder v11.pdf was the Alameda, CA map.

Electrify Expo SF was our event page.

I don't recall all the test drive available brands but they included Toyota, Volvo, Polestar, Vinfast, Ford, Mitsubishi and BMW. If you search the map for demo, I think that's an accurate list. The demo area was all on the left side of the map. You loaded and unloaded there. From there, you had to drive out onto the open road for a few minutes to go to a fenced off large open area that was designated as the test drive track. At the beginning, you could and were encouraged to floor it on the 1st straightaway.

Nissan was a no show. I was surprised Tesla showed up as they normally don't show up to auto shows or EVents.

From one of the ride along reps, I think this is the first time this outfit had this EVent in the Bay Area. Looks like it was held in the Seattle area in 2022.