Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrify America issues [resolved]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  1. If using an adapter, inspect the adapter and handle connections. Ensure all are free from debris. Same with your car's charging port.
  2. Make sure adapter is firmly inserted into the handle and that it/they are firmly inserted into the car's port.
  3. Try another EA station.
  4. Re-boot your car.
  5. Try a different DCFC charger (Supercharger, ChargePoint, EVgo, etc.).
Assuming that you have been able to charge at an EA station before, these are the things that I would try. It would pin down if the problem is with your car or with the charging network(s).

Upvote 0
  1. If using an adapter, inspect the adapter and handle connections. Ensure all are free from debris. Same with your car's charging port.
  2. Make sure adapter is firmly inserted into the handle and that it/they are firmly inserted into the car's port.
  3. Try another EA station.
  4. Re-boot your car.
  5. Try a different DCFC charger (Supercharger, ChargePoint, EVgo, etc.).
Assuming that you have been able to charge at an EA station before, these are the things that I would try. It would pin down if the problem is with your car or with the charging network(s).
Have successfully charged at Tesla SC before. Have checked the adapters and connections and tried a different charger position. How do I reboot my car?

Upvote 0
Press the car icon in the lower left of the screen. Press Software and then Additional Information (this is from memory; believe it's the correct sequence). In the menu there should be a CCS status line: enabled or disabled.

If disabled, highly likely since you have a 2021, you will have to purchase a CCS upgrade kit from Tesla at about $350.
If enabled, then we'll need to troubleshoot some more.

edit: As for the adapter you are using, where did you get it?

Upvote 0
Do you have the Electrify America app set up on your phone along with payment method and payment increment? I also had the Electrify America app pay method added to my Apple Wallet. It took me a couple of tries to understand their sequence but then it worked fine.
Yes,but just found out I don’t have CCS enabled on my 3. So know I know why it’s not working! Thanks for your time and info!

Upvote 0