Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrify Everything

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(my bold)
How much lower ?

It will depend on what the cafeteria was serving or what they packed for lunch. :)

Screen Shot 2024-01-09 at 7.13.09 PM.png

Reactions: mspohr
California commies are also going electric

On Monday, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced that California will receive $88 million to purchase buses in districts across the state, with $19.75 million going to the Los Angeles Unified School District. The funding comes from EPA’s Clean School Bus Program adopted under President Joe Biden’s bipartisan infrastructure law, providing $5 billion in the next five years to electrify school buses nationwide.

LAUSD intends to use its grant to purchase 50 electric buses. The money comes on top of a $75 million investment the district committed to buy 180 buses and to transition the district’s Sun Valley Bus Yard to an all-electric fleet by 2026.

Reactions: DrGriz
Electrify Everything ideas

1. Heat pumps (small and suitable for flats/apartments under the sink + another integrated into water tanks, optimised for water heating)
  2. Balcony solar (small inverters)
  3. Infra red heating
  4. Software
  5. Distributed energy/Virtual Power Plants
  6. Car batteries for storage (Polestar, Volvo)
  7. Passive Houses - social housing
  8. Hemp/sugarcane building materials
  9. District heating (Denmark, world's biggest) - geothermal mentioned etc
  10. 2024 could be peak emissions
  11. Dumping renewable energy, ending wastage
  12. New kinds of storage,
  13. Solar - perovskite (sp?)
  14. Second hand EVs
  15. Anti-FUD
  16. Policies, elections around the world
  17. Sustainable = better

Most power lines today are “dumb” – that is, operated without insight into their real-time conditions. That means the grid’s total capacity is untapped. Power grid optimizers provide grid operators with the data they need to predict the real-time actual capacity of specific power lines and determine new, safe limits for operating them.

The two businesses are currently achieving the 10-day transmission line capacity forecasting that Federal Energy Regulation (FERC) Order 881 will require by the summer of 2025. FERC Order 881 is designed to reduce grid congestion. It will mandate utilities to implement hourly ratings that change based on the projected ambient temperature every hour instead of just summer and winter ratings.

Updating and modernizing the Postal Service’s fleet will allow delivery vehicles to haul larger volumes of mail and packages. For example, the Ford E-Transits displayed at today’s event have nearly three times the cargo capacity of the Grumman LLV delivery vehicles that the Postal Service currently uses. Increased cargo capacity will reduce inefficient transportation, improve delivery operations, and eliminate the need for many second trips carriers take to deliver high volumes of packages.

• Informative
Reactions: iPlug
The Postal Service has a need for a wide variety of different vehicles. In higher density areas, it makes sense for one carrier to deliver all the envelope style mail and stop at every box while a different vehicle and carrier delivers just packages. Of course, in lower density areas you wouldn't want two vehicles traversing the same path over longer distances.

Reactions: Big Earl
The Postal Service has a need for a wide variety of different vehicles. In higher density areas, it makes sense for one carrier to deliver all the envelope style mail and stop at every box while a different vehicle and carrier delivers just packages. Of course, in lower density areas you wouldn't want two vehicles traversing the same path over longer distances.
Where I live, the Post Office doesn't do any delivery to houses. All mail "delivery" is done to PO Boxes at the Post Offices.
FedEx and UPS don't have any problem with house delivery. Just the PO.

Where I live, the Post Office doesn't do any delivery to houses. All mail "delivery" is done to PO Boxes at the Post Offices.
FedEx and UPS don't have any problem with house delivery. Just the PO.
The P.O. does do rural delivery here. As in other rural communities, Amazon has overwhelmed the carriers, who have always used their own private vehicles. Recently, our carrier had to fill her Subaru to the gills on Mondays and had to leave packages to be picked up or delivered later in the week.

This is a national rural issue, compounded by the fact that DeJoy signed a contract with Amazon, which they were not equipped to handle. It got national attention (WSJ, or NYT, I think). Since then, we suddenly have 2 vehicles making the same route every day. One to deliver letters and small packages to the mailboxes, still in her car, and the other to deliver larger packages in a van. They sometimes show up at the same time.

No EVs yet.

The P.O. does do rural delivery here. As in other rural communities, Amazon has overwhelmed the carriers, who have always used their own private vehicles. Recently, our carrier had to fill her Subaru to the gills on Mondays and had to leave packages to be picked up or delivered later in the week.

This is a national rural issue, compounded by the fact that DeJoy signed a contract with Amazon, which they were not equipped to handle. It got national attention (WSJ, or NYT, I think). Since then, we suddenly have 2 vehicles making the same route every day. One to deliver letters and small packages to the mailboxes, still in her car, and the other to deliver larger packages in a van. They sometimes show up at the same time.

No EVs yet.
Fortunately Amazon ships to me via UPS so I get delivery to my door in an official UPS truck. Haven't had any 2 day delivery for Prime since COVID so probably cancel Prime.
We did have a few dodgy Amazon delivery drivers with pathetic vehicles a few years ago but fortunately that stopped.

Reactions: DrGriz
Fortunately Amazon ships to me via UPS so I get delivery to my door in an official UPS truck. Haven't had any 2 day delivery for Prime since COVID so probably cancel Prime.
We did have a few dodgy Amazon delivery drivers with pathetic vehicles a few years ago but fortunately that stopped.
UPS is generally great when they get to deliver to me. Maybe 1 in 10 packages. No EVs for them yet either.

Then The E Transit should have no issues delivering Mail from the large Regional Distribution Centers to individual Post Offices. Then the Mail Carriers can load up their vehicles and head out to customers. There are quite a few Regional Postal Distribution Centers that are a long ways from the Post Offices they support. There are also a few very long Mail Routes in the U S..