Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrify Everything

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, do we have rhe electrify everything, conversion list or table?

Electric supply inside the home, solar
Backup generator, Powerwall
Home Heat, geo thermal or heat pump into baseboard or hot air
Clothed Dryer, heat pump dryer
Clothes washer, heat pump washer?
Gas range/cooktop/oven, induction range
Domestic water heater, tankless gas, what replaces this? Heat pump hot water heater?
Propane bbq, electric bbq
ICE/Hybrid/PHEV, pure BEV

What did I miss?
Please correct all errors and add your experiences

Love the journey to netzero carbon
Lawn and garden electric leaf blower, lawn mower, chain saw, Snow blower, trimmer, etc

Guys, do we have rhe electrify everything, conversion list or table?

Electric supply inside the home, solar
Backup generator, Powerwall
Home Heat, geo thermal or heat pump into baseboard or hot air
Clothed Dryer, heat pump dryer
Clothes washer, heat pump washer?
Gas range/cooktop/oven, induction range
Domestic water heater, tankless gas, what replaces this? Heat pump hot water heater?
Propane bbq, electric bbq
ICE/Hybrid/PHEV, pure BEV

What did I miss?
Please correct all errors and add your experiences

Love the journey to netzero carbon
You might want to check out this book that follows 15 households across the USA and Canada to drastically reduce emissions. Amazon.com

Reactions: mspohr and kpanda17
Lots of push back even here in Blue Oregon on going all electric. Most of it is, as expected, from the Gas supply companies. Here in Eugene,Or. Northwest Natural Gas company mounted an expensive campaign a few months ago in TV advertising to combat ( not my words) the City of Eugen's bid to make all new construction gas free. The City backed down after NW natural said they were going to sue the City. My understanding is that only Berkeley, Ca. has passed a bill that makes all new residential and commercial building to be built without Natural Gas lines to the buildings.

On a personal note, we were lucky enough to buy a fairly new house that had a 2.0 kW, we added 3.5 kW. Our winter bills still cost something..besides the delivery and service charge, in the summer it is only those charges.

Last edited:
Difference without a distinction - the public utilities commission approves the rates and it’s not like I have a choice of where to buy electricity from…

Surely you saw what NEM3 did to solar ROI. Again, people are driven by economics and the economics of EVs and electrification for most people in California have been severely damaged in the last year, with more to come.

If I was looking at the math today, the writing on the wall for continued rate increases, and didn’t already have grandfathered solar, there’s very little chance I’d seriously consider an EV or further electrification efforts in my home. I’m sure I’m not alone in that sentiment.
The pattern in other countries is that the subsidies go, the residential PV market drops and comes back as PV+battery.

But the US electricity regulatory structure is much worse than in other countries, so it might not recover the same way.

Lots of push back even here in Blue Oregon on going all electric. Most of it is, as expected, from the Gas supply companies. Here in Eugene,Or. Northwest Natural Gas company mounted an expensive campaign a few months ago in TV advertising to combat ( not my words) the City of Eugen's bid to make all new construction gas free. The City backed down after NW natural said they were going to sue the City. My understanding is that only Berkeley, Ca. has passed a bill that makes all new residential and commercial building to be built without Natural Gas lines to the buildings.

On a personal note, we were lucky enough to buy a fairly new house that had a 2.0 kW, we added 3.5 kW. Our winter bills still cost something..besides the delivery and service charge, in the summer it is only those charges.
Oh no - 76 cities have bans on natural gas (and that is an old number) in new construction of some kind. Mostly it is residential and then limited in commercial. New York state has a ban for 2026. But there is issues with federal law which are standing decisions for now - only feds are allowed to regulate appliances for efficiency. I find that a really weak argument but it is out there by a SF based federal court.

It may be true that Berkeley is the only complete ban but there are lots of strong bans out there. Berkeley was definitely the first in 2019. But there is enough of a movement that 24 states have banned the bans. This movement started in 2021 by North Dakota. You have never seen state governments moved so fast to block the will of the cities.

The London-headquartered company has grown from an idealistic startup with hopes of transforming the lives of African households to a company offering pay-as-you-go solar power, batteries, smartphones and electric motorbikes to about 3.6 million people across Africa in little more than a decade. Now, a $100m (£78m) investment from EnerTech, a Kuwait-based investor, is about to spur its fastest growth yet.

Bboxx will turbocharge the impact we have on communities across sub-Saharan Africa,” Hamayun says. “Our shared vision is to transform the lives and livelihoods of our customers by giving them access to clean and affordable energy, clean cooking, e-mobility and technology like smartphones, that genuinely unlock their potential, day by day.”

Since then, the number of people living without access to electricity across Asia’s developing economies has plunged, while Africa has remained largely in the dark. About 570 million people on the continent do not have access to electricity, and another 840 million are connected to an unreliable grid.

“Africa is the biggest unserved consumer market on earth,” says Hamayun. Bboxx offers simple solar and battery systems which can provide light and power to homes that have no access to a stable electricity grid. The company also offers clean cookers, electric water pumps, smartphones and electric motorbikes. The impact is often profound. Access to reliable electricity can provide the power to open small businesses, educate children and safeguard the ill or vulnerable. “It’s transformational,” Hamayun says.

Switching from kerosene lamps and stoves to solar power and clean cookers is often cheaper, too, says Hamayun. “People don’t realise it’s expensive to be poor in Africa. A lot of goods are more expensive there than in the UK. We’re offering a cheaper option on better terms.”

Oh no - 76 cities have bans on natural gas (and that is an old number) in new construction of some kind. Mostly it is residential and then limited in commercial. New York state has a ban for 2026. But there is issues with federal law which are standing decisions for now - only feds are allowed to regulate appliances for efficiency. I find that a really weak argument but it is out there by a SF based federal court.

It may be true that Berkeley is the only complete ban but there are lots of strong bans out there. Berkeley was definitely the first in 2019. But there is enough of a movement that 24 states have banned the bans. This movement started in 2021 by North Dakota. You have never seen state governments moved so fast to block the will of the cities.
Thanks for updating me...

The US has announced nearly $1bn in grants to replace diesel-powered school buses with electric and lower-emitting vehicles. The Environmental Protection Agency will disburse funds to 280 school districts serving 7 million children across the country in an effort to curb harmful air pollution and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

The US has announced nearly $1bn in grants to replace diesel-powered school buses with electric and lower-emitting vehicles. The Environmental Protection Agency will disburse funds to 280 school districts serving 7 million children across the country in an effort to curb harmful air pollution and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Local rural Idaho schools are purchasing electric busses using this program.

Reactions: mspohr
Reactions: DrGriz
Reactions: mspohr
Don't know for sure. Hope it's Lion.

The picture is of a Lion bus. You can see it says LION on the front left of the bus.

The article says " Groups including Conservation Voters for Idaho, Idaho Power, the Treasure Valley Clean Cities Coalition and Line Electric have teamed up to bring electric school buses to Idaho for school transportation staff to learn about."

I think that "Line Electric" is an error.

One company especially poised to benefit is Lion Electric Co., a Canadian e-bus maker that submitted the proposals for 41 winning school districts. Lion is building a factory in Illinois that can produce 20,000 electric buses a year.

You are correct! I checked the local paper from when it was first announced. Nothing about brand there either.

Most of the Californians in Boise are actually right winger refugees coming to the Mecca.

“ There are about 650 electric transit buses in service in the U.S., with nearly 400 of those from BYD—and all of those from a BYD facility in Lancaster, California.”

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz