Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon and SpaceX cheated - Young Sheldon appearance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Joe F

Disruption is hard.
Sep 19, 2016
Outside Philly
So landing a first stage may have looked difficult, but they had help from Young Sheldon!

CBS Nov 30

image.jpg

"Young Sheldon" -- aired tonight.

From the very beginning of the episode when he asked about landing the booster rockets, I was thinking "huh, this sounds suspiciously similar to SpaceX"... and then when he said "gimbal the engines to turn it around" I knew for sure they were going to loop in SpaceX and/or Elon into the story line. It's not the first time Elon appeared in the BBT universe.

Spinoffs usually suck, but I find myself enjoying this one. I don't know what the ratings are or how long it's going to last, but I think they're doing a good job writing.

I also once predicted BBT to only last one or maybe two seasons, because you can only do geek jokes so long before you lose a prime-time audience. I way underestimated the power of the Penny, Penny, Penny.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe F
Spinoffs usually suck, but I find myself enjoying this one. I don't know what the ratings are or how long it's going to last, but I think they're doing a good job writing.

I also once predicted BBT to only last one or maybe two seasons, because you can only do geek jokes so long before you lose a prime-time audience. I way underestimated the power of the Penny, Penny, Penny.

Laughing at smart people doing dumb things never get old!

Reactions: Johann Koeber
I'd love to see a BBT loop back! Both are great shows, and Sheldon could even do with a FSD Tesla demo, at least for one episode, both of which being works of fiction (to date).

I'd also love to hear why this thread title changed...

The first four words of the title alone are a wee bit misleading. I know just before I clicked on the title I didn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about where this thing was going.

But that's the point, IMHO. I'd agree if it were a negative post, and frankly, something I wouldn't have started, but it wasn't. And, it did get you to click on it. :)

It was also selected with the intent of deflating the anti Tesla/Musk few who love to jump on anything negative, or who try to turn anything positive around with their own FUD. But, I can see your point, too.