Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Compensation Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In other words, Elon went "do as I say, or I kill the company", and now investors are screwed either way.

If Elon leaves Tesla, he will likely bring his best people with him, which means that Tesla would likely struggle. Especially if competing with whatever different company Elon takes them to in order to keep working on AI and robots. FSD might not be finished, or might never be good enough.

Personally, I would want Elon to stay with Tesla, but on the other hand, seemingly threatening people to sink Tesla if he doesn't get his way doesn't sit well with me. And his excuse that he wants 25% so he won't have to worry about someone taking over the company... why did he sell tons of shares then?

Apparently those 25% in Tesla weren't very important to him when he started drooling over Twitter!

He dumped his shares, moved his ownership way down, and now he's complaining about a low ownership stake.

Sigh.
When Elon was selling those shares he was assuming that the compensation plan would go through, allowing him to get his 25% stake back. So no contradiction here.

When Elon was selling those shares he was assuming that the compensation plan would go through, allowing him to get his 25% stake back. So no contradiction here.
Truly - invalidation of his 2018 compensation plan is unprecedented. Really really hard to assume that was going to be invalidated in its entirety, and the shareholder vote that overwhelmingly authorized it would be nullfied.