Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Compensation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. New here but have had a Model Y for 6 months now. Had quite a few issues with it at month 3 stage (was losing 10% battery daily when left). Tesla diagnosed the issue and brought into Northampton to fix. They then accidentally set of all the airbags during the fix! This led to my car being with them for 4 weeks while they replaced all the parts. Following this, I’ve just been provided with a voucher for £180 to spend on accessories & apparel! Can’t use it for charging miles! Not sure how to proceed with this?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Funny
Reactions: fholbert
What is your objective here? Get more monetary compensation from Tesla?

You can ask, but it sounds like they fixed your car (including the airbags) so I’m not sure you’ll have much luck.

For the voucher you could buy something and then sell it on eBay.

Hi all. New here but have had a Model Y for 6 months now. Had quite a few issues with it at month 3 stage (was losing 10% battery daily when left). Tesla diagnosed the issue and brought into Northampton to fix. They then accidentally set of all the airbags during the fix! This led to my car being with them for 4 weeks while they replaced all the parts. Following this, I’ve just been provided with a voucher for £180 to spend on accessories & apparel! Can’t use it for charging miles! Not sure how to proceed with this?!?! If anyone wants to buy the voucher, I’d happily sell!!
Forget compensation.

At this point you should tell the service advisor you want them to buy the car back, not sure what your lemon laws are overseas but here each state has diff ones but certain criteria you need to meet.
In your case it would be cheaper for them to buy it back, fix and sell as used & have you move that money to a new or diff model if you even want one.

a few youtubers have documented doing it in the past (in the us) on certain models, i was watching one a few weeks ago on a model x) where tesla opted to buyback to lighten the papework n costs of the "lemon process"

even fixed you could stand the ground that its still relatively new & you dont trust the work done by the same team that blew all of your airbags during a remedy lol

good luck either way!

Hi all. New here but have had a Model Y for 6 months now. Had quite a few issues with it at month 3 stage (was losing 10% battery daily when left). Tesla diagnosed the issue and brought into Northampton to fix. They then accidentally set of all the airbags during the fix! This led to my car being with them for 4 weeks while they replaced all the parts. Following this, I’ve just been provided with a voucher for £180 to spend on accessories & apparel! Can’t use it for charging miles! Not sure how to proceed with this?!?! If anyone wants to buy the voucher, I’d happily sell!!
Get this one
Screenshot_20231026_052144_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: DanDi58
Forget compensation.

At this point you should tell the service advisor you want them to buy the car back, not sure what your lemon laws are overseas but here each state has diff ones but certain criteria you need to meet.
In your case it would be cheaper for them to buy it back, fix and sell as used & have you move that money to a new or diff model if you even want one.

a few youtubers have documented doing it in the past (in the us) on certain models, i was watching one a few weeks ago on a model x) where tesla opted to buyback to lighten the papework n costs of the "lemon process"

even fixed you could stand the ground that its still relatively new & you dont trust the work done by the same team that blew all of your airbags during a remedy lol

good luck either way!
Why would they buy it back? It had an issue that they fixed, including the one they caused. And looks like UK lemon law is such that after 30 days, you can't demand they buy it back. So moot point for OP.

@calvinh10 Is your car operating satisfactorily now?

Reactions: gsmith123