Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supposedly these anonymous nicks opted out of arbitration.

Tesla has extremely deep pocket$. You figure that ma$$ive honey pot would attract all $ort$ of enterpri$ing lawyer$.

I'm not an attorney (maybe we can get @rxlawdude to chime in here), but I think that the arbitration clause each of us signed when we bought our cars prevents a Class Action against Tesla, with the exception of those that formally "opted out" of arbitration. And they probably represent such a small class size that no attorney wants to bother with it.

You should read your arbitration clause; it has some pretty good(?) stuff in it, and it certainly does sound like it prevents you from becoming a member of a class against Tesla.

Reactions: Ramphex and impastu
IBF all of the complaints about how Tesla should be working on FSD instead of adding games.

Sky Force Reloaded is a blast, BTW. Check it out the next time you're at a supercharger. I mean, that's the only time you play the games in the Tesla, right? I'm sure that no one just goes out to the garage when the wife isn't looking to play 'em, right? 'Cause that would just be weird...
My wife tells me to go outside and play with my Tesla all the time….

I'm not an attorney (maybe we can get @rxlawdude to chime in here), but I think that the arbitration clause each of us signed when we bought our cars prevents a Class Action against Tesla, with the exception of those that formally "opted out" of arbitration. And they probably represent such a small class size that no attorney wants to bother with it.

You should read your arbitration clause; it has some pretty good(?) stuff in it, and it certainly does sound like it prevents you from becoming a member of a class against Tesla.
Supposedly these anonymous nicks opted out of arbitration.

Tesla has extremely deep pocket$. You figure that ma$$ive honey pot would attract all $ort$ of enterpri$ing lawyer$.

See this thread. Lot of discussions around arbitration etc.

What in the video do you think contradicts? Both are 1.1 exaflops. Dojo falls short because Google TPUs are available today, not some future date with real world performance versus simulated or theoretical performance.
From the video: TPUV3 is 100 PFLOPS at cabinet level and does not scale well past that while Dojo is 108 PFLOPS and scales well. TPUV4 would be 1.1 EFLOPS but it is also a future product. Also Dojo is purpose built for Tesla's tasks while TPUs are not, so you will also lose some efficiency there too.

... TPUV4 would be 1.1 EFLOPS but it is also a future product.
TPU v4 has been in production for quite some time.
Quote:
These TPU v4 Pods are already widely deployed throughout Google data centers for our internal machine learning workloads and will be available via Google Cloud later this year.

From May:
Quote:
The company says it already utilizes the technology in its own data centers.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DanCar and impastu
TPU v4 has been in production for quite some time.
Quote:
These TPU v4 Pods are already widely deployed throughout Google data centers for our internal machine learning workloads and will be available via Google Cloud later this year.

From May:
Quote:
The company says it already utilizes the technology in its own data centers.

So when you claimed Tesla could've bought it and been using it a while ago, you were wrong, since it's only in use INTERNALLY to google.

Thanks for clarifying!

(that's apart from the fact the video posted makes it clear there's little external info available to genuinely compare them- note the big chart the video author puts up leaves every single field but one blank for v4 because no #s are public otherwise- so there's a pretty likely chance it's NOT able to do what Dojo will for Teslas specific needs)

Why do you keep posting sources that contradict your own claims then calling everyone else wrong?
Why do you keep stating nonsense? What contradicts claims? Why are you always wrong?
If you don't like the use of the word "wrong" then don't start using it. As you can see it is not very civil. You are seeing a reflection of your own words. More civil to ask questions or to use the "I" word, rather than the finger pointing "you" word. You are welcome for the lesson on etiquette.

Last edited:
So you might view it as a false-promises swindle "it slices, it dices, you can throw away all those other appliances!", an early-adopter come-on "be ready for the future!" or a FOMO scheme "this sale won't last, order by midnight tonight!". But I don't think any pyramid was ever raised.
There was definitely a FOMO scheme in there for the pre-2019 buyers.

Sure, it doesn't work EVERYWHERE but at least it works somewhere. And at this point I don't believe Tesla _ever_ will provide anything even remotely similar to Waymo.
Tesla could make it work much better in geofenced areas if they would choose to. Even without that you could see Teslas doing the same routes as Waymo. Personally, I would be very unhappy if Tesla suddenly decides to start perfecting FSD in some geofenced areas.

Reactions: EVNow
I actually flew to Arizona from Seattle to test the Waymo service. It DOES work.

Sure, it doesn't work EVERYWHERE but at least it works somewhere. And at this point I don't believe Tesla _ever_ will provide anything even remotely similar to Waymo.
Will Waymo _ever_ will provide anything even remotely similar to Tesla ?

See the post below. It has links to a lot of older posts. We have extensively talked about these for years now. Nothing new.

Its like deja vu all over again. These two are different dimensions. Nobody is yet to crack both - only one or the other. Cracking one doesn't guarantee the other and you can't compare one dimension with the other. I've been saying this for a looong time.​
- Features (i.e. how close someone is to robotaxi)​
- Geographical scaling​

Scaling and mass production are hard.

As the old joke goes, Soviet Union had no problem sending rockets but had trouble making good shoes.

ps :
Its like deja vu all over again. These two are different dimensions. Nobody is yet to crack both - only one or the other. Cracking one doesn't guarantee the other and you can't compare one dimension with the other. I've been saying this for a looong time.
- Features (i.e. how close someone is to robotaxi)
- Geographical scaling

pps :