Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon in Munich on Jan 30, 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We already know that there will be more stores, service centers and Supercharger stations. But that is not the main reason that Elon Musk decided to visit Germany again. He is going to make an announcement, that's for sure. And he ultimately wants to sell more Model Ses in Germany, we know that either. Could he be announcing a lease option for the German people?
Lease option for private (not work related) in germany is in place since a few months (information from sales person from the local store in munich).

There have been very few guesses on what announcement Elon might make during the appearance in Munich, so I am going to share my leading theory.

Re-watching the video from his last stop in Munich (linked below), starting at at 5:48, there were complaints from the attendees about the long waiting list. Elon responded "we are working on changing that very quickly". His next phrase, "we really don't want long term waiting list to be longer than 4 weeks", was met with loud laughter.

Seemingly taken aback by the reaction, Elon mentioned that shipments will increase "quite a bit" in Q4 (2013) and "there will be much more significant ramp-up in first quarter next year" (2014). The "much more significant ramp-up (of shipments to Europe) in first quarter" is not possible without either significantly cutting the US production allocation or significant ramp-up in production.

I think that the main message for the appearances would be imminent (or already under way) significant ramp-up in production from current 600 cars/week.

If this theory proves to be true, the end of this week will be very interesting

Tesla Motors challenges German Carmakers in their Home Country 2/2 - YouTube