TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Elon Musk bio in Mercury News

Discussion in 'News' started by graham, Oct 19, 2008.

1. graham

graham Active Member

From todays Mercury News:
    http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_10749864

20081019__musk~2_Gallery.JPG

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#2 vfx, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
    "...Musk, who also became chief executive of electric-car maker Tesla Motors last week..."

Is the elephant in the room about Ze'ev? Martin was also demoted. Then ousted. Is there a similar fate in store for the Ex-CEO de jour?

3. graham

graham Active Member

It is a good question. I hadn't gotten the same impression this time as I did when Martin got pushed aside. If they wanted to get rid of Ze'ev altogether, why not lay him off with everyone else now?

Although perhaps the answer is that it does not matter. What does a Vice-Chairman of the board actually do daily for the company? Any more than Kimbal, or any other board member?

4. mt2

mt2 Member

I read Elon's comments a little differently.
    It sounded to me that an agreement, of sorts, was reached to - at least temporarily - put Elon in charge of day to day operations. My take is that, love him or hate him for it, Elon has got the ability to make the nasty decisions that need to be made to bring Tesla to profitability. It could be that he is well aware of his reputation and told Ze'ev, "Let me be the bad guy".

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Pre Tesla Elon Bio

6. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Thanks. I've always wondered about: