Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk on The Joe Rogan Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I may be the biggest Elon fan on this forum but this decision, in my estimation, was not a good sign for Elon continuing as ceo, I think almost an acknowledgement that he no longer wants to be ceo. I would have preferred he controlled the narrative.

Sadly, I think Elon is hurting more than he let’s on.

And this isn’t about weed, though I certainly don’t know how he could maintain his level of functioning while using regularly. Though some folks can pull it off I suppose (i would have eaten all the Cheetos and California by now) My guess is that they’ve already started looking for new ceo and he is giving a big f you to the board.

Ah oh well,

Obviously you didn’t listen to the interview. He specifically said he almost never smokes. And you could tell in the interview that he doesn’t know how to. It was a typical nerd “puffs for the first time” thing.

Boring Company - LA project; Chicago Airport project; East Coast project; Middle East?
(put Gaza Strip and West Bank underground:cool: )
- competitors what are they doing?
-- Dutch German project ? LA to Vegas?

PowerWall; SolarRoof; Puerto Rico; So Cal 1 GW PowerPack project

Nevada Lithium supplies

GigaFactory updates/plans, new locations Model Y, trucks

BFR project

So many things ... Even his "venture capital friends" don't seem to have the brains/curiosity to delve into these topics. or perhaps Wall Street rules keep him from talking about it all anyway...o_O

I couldn't care less about his personal behavior, his tweets, whether he inhales or not, what the definition of is is or anything else the talking heads want to dwell on.

I care a lot about people's personal behaviour. At the same time, I know he's human, and I expect missteps and misdeeds, since it's part of being human. But if he used his position of power and influence to sexually assault women, for example, I would lose a great deal of respect for him. I lost some respect for him over his comments on the Thai rescue. But again, he is human, and under more stress that I can even imagine. That gives him leeway with me, but I still can't compartmentalise like you do. I don't think most of us can, which is why even if they continued to re-run "Cosby" not many would watch -- because most of us do care about people's personal behaviour, regardless of how good they may be otherwise. I also find the attitude of compartments within people, some of which people purposely ignore, destructive to the greater good of society.

If you don't like the way the media (social and otherwise) make a mockery out of things, just ignore the media.

The media is a refection of our society. Taking away a mirror doesn't do away with the image.

I may be the biggest Elon fan on this forum but this decision, in my estimation, was not a good sign for Elon continuing as ceo, I think almost an acknowledgement that he no longer wants to be ceo.
He already *said* he didn't want to be CEO, in the famous "Do you know someone who can do this job and wants to? They can have it" statement.

Sadly, I think Elon is hurting more than he let’s on.
He said the next three to six months would be the most difficult in his life. He is nothing if not straightforward.

If he wants to indulge in recreational drugs thats a personal choice. Not wise to do it in public when you are a CEO but he has proven with his "taking it private" tweet that he is not as smart a businessmen as people thought. And that little stunt is going to cost him plenty in court and with the SEC. He is under stress because the company is in serious trouble. Stock price is reflecting that now and its going to get worse.

If he wants to indulge in recreational drugs thats a personal choice. Not wise to do it in public when you are a CEO but he has proven with his "taking it private" tweet that he is not as smart a businessmen as people thought. And that little stunt is going to cost him plenty in court and with the SEC. The fact is he is under stress because the company is in serious trouble. Stock price is reflecting that now and its going to get worse.
sounds like you should sell your shares

In August, Tesla in the US, is estimated to have out sold ALL BMW models combined (total) in the US.
i3 i8 Series 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Z4 X1 X2

Tesla Model 3 Outsold All BMW Passenger Cars In US

And as others have pointed out Chevy Bolt sales are down.
IF GM responds to normal supply/demand you might well expect a price drop.
IF the Bolt works for you, now would seem the time to ask for a significant discount.
(used Chevy Bolts might also be great deals).

And one last note: Tesla must have the worst CEO ever, right? Get rid of him ASAP, right? what??
</sarcasm>

Tesla Model 3 Sales Hit Epic Volume In August

Last edited:
Reactions: Mobius484
If he wants to indulge in recreational drugs thats a personal choice. Not wise to do it in public when you are a CEO but he has proven with his "taking it private" tweet that he is not as smart a businessmen as people thought. And that little stunt is going to cost him plenty in court and with the SEC. He is under stress because the company is in serious trouble. Stock price is reflecting that now and its going to get worse.

sounds like you should sell your shares

Did you read his post, and his many others? If he's not a short he sure sounds like one. People with shares, like us, are laughing all the way to the bank. He sounds too much like a bitter short to be a share holder -- except by way of shorting. I just laugh when he tells us "the stock price is in serious trouble", because he's been saying that since he joined in May 2016. Yet it's only gone up (and by a lot for some of us) so we ignore the valleys (and the peaks) expected of a stock like this but look at it logically, not like a short who's caught short.

He's been screaming "the sky is falling" so long with Tesla that he make the boy who cried wolf look like an amateur.

Last edited:
Did you read his post, and his many others? If he's not a short he sure sounds like one. People with shares, like us, are laughing all the way to the bank. He sounds too much like a bitter short to be a share holder -- except by way of shorting. I just laugh when he tells us "the stock price is in serious trouble", because he's been saying that since he joined in May 2016. Yet it's only gone up (and by a lot for some of us) so we ignore the valleys (and the peaks) expected of a stock like this but look at it logically, not like a short whose caught short.

He's been screaming "the sky is falling" so long with Tesla that he make the boy who cried wolf look like an amateur.

$389 to $263. Thats a big valley to ignore...

I care a lot about people's personal behaviour. At the same time, I know he's human, and I expect missteps and misdeeds, since it's part of being human. But if he used his position of power and influence to sexually assault women, for example, I would lose a great deal of respect for him. I lost some respect for him over his comments on the Thai rescue. But again, he is human, and under more stress that I can even imagine. That gives him leeway with me, but I still can't compartmentalise like you do. I don't think most of us can, which is why even if they continued to re-run "Cosby" not many would watch -- because most of us do care about people's personal behaviour, regardless of how good they may be otherwise. I also find the attitude of compartments within people, some of which people purposely ignore, destructive to the greater good of society.

The media is a refection of our society. Taking away a mirror doesn't do away with the image.
I don't compartmentalize, I prioritize what I do with my limited time. I don't think about Elon Musk as an individual. I think about what Tesla does. I'm not into hero worship, but I don't overlook corporate misdeeds either. I'm not sure why you're bringing up sexual assault. I thought this was all brought on by taking a puff from a joint. Did I miss something?

As for the media and a reflection on society, even if that's true I'm not sure what it has to do with anyone feeling a need to attend to the media. The media are a business, just like Tesla. The produce a product. I consume Tesla's product, I avoid the media's products as much as I can. It has nothing to do with being a reflection on society.

Reactions: Mobius484
I'm not sure why you're bringing up sexual assault. I thought this was all brought on by taking a puff from a joint. Did I miss something?

No, you didn't miss anything. I just used that an example since you said:

I couldn't care less about his personal behavior, his tweets, whether he inhales or not, what the definition of is is or anything else the talking heads want to dwell on.

You took it well beyond just a puff of a joint. If you limit it to that, we're in agreement. What he called the Thai rescuer was bad -- no defending him there from me -- but I'll defend him puffing on that joint. In fact, I would encourage it, especially if it results in him throwing out the Ambien. But now seeing he didn't even inhale that seems unlikely. I hope he didn't go home and take an Ambien, and took a blunt home from Joe instead... ;)

Reactions: MarsBar
$389 to $263. Thats a big valley to ignore...

Ha! Not for me. You need to learn about "buy and hold". $263 sounds great to me. If you read my posts, I was telling people not to think they could buy the stock and pay for a Model 3 -- that those days are over and it will go down before it goes up again since the price made no sense -- but I still said I was long but would not be buying more and warned people against it when it hit about $300 (for which I got a lot of disagrees). If I kicked myself because I've never sold at the peaks (of all my shares) I'd also have to also kick myself for not being psychic, or I'd have to be too involved in my portfolio to try to predict it all buying and selling at valleys and peaks --- no thanks -- too difficult to predict and too much to lose that way. I like to buy and hold since despite peaks and valleys (even big ones) the trend is usually up -- so it's a safer strategy. You like to short. Strange that you always offer your advice to everyone yet never tell us how much you have made on the stock, shorting it, if you are. If you're not, then why such concern for us? Do you go to other boards of other stocks and tell them to sell too? Sirius/XM sure went on a roller coaster ride, and flirted with bankruptcy much worse than Tesla -- did you tell them to all sell too? If not, why do we only get the pleasure of your financial wizardry?

Last edited:
Elon's behavior in the interview gave me more confidence in Tesla. Yes, a conventional suit would never have toked on an alleged joint in a public interview. That he did shows that Musk is maybe a little crazy. Halleluja! If Musk weren't a little bit crazy he would never have tried to start an electric car company or a private rocket company or done any number of the other conventionally risky, outlandish things he's done. Great innovators and creative people have often been characterized as crazy in their lifetimes. I suppose Musk is no different. He's a world-altering genius. We should be grateful for his craziness. I own Tesla stock, and I could give a sh*t that it took a nosedive after Elon puffed on pot. When the money sees the company become profitable, they'll be back, praising him. They don't care whether he gets high. All they care about is the bottom line, unlike Elon, who cares about building a better future for humanity.

Obviously you didn’t listen to the interview. He specifically said he almost never smokes. And you could tell in the interview that he doesn’t know how to. It was a typical nerd “puffs for the first time” thing.
I was too high to listen to the whole thing.