Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk Unmasked as Top Donor to House Republican PAC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although, at this point probably more advantageous to get rid of ev tax credit or have them remove the 200k car limit than keep it as is if they want a level playing field with upcoming evs

A well publicized discount of $7500 expiring at the end of the year, is a good demand lever to generate strong demand for the high margin cars to generate the needed cash flow and hopefully GAAP profitability through the rest of 2018.

Losing the $7500 credit prematurely would have messed that up -- perhaps fatally.

I agree that pulling up the ladder behind them after they've fully milked the credit, and denying the benefits to others would be good for Tesla having more EV market share, but perhaps the EV market share overall would be smaller. Probably best to have the EV credit and extend it if possible as it properly price adjusts to reflect negative externalities of ICE

This can't be true... It it is though...

I can't and won't support a company that actively contributes to the treason that's occurring every single day from this administration and the party that enables it... I doubt I'm alone in that...

Jeff

Have fun selling your Tesla, and buying an ICE and contributing to climate change :)

Microsoft Co-founder Paul Allen donated far more than musk to the same PAC, are you going to use exclusively Macs now and dump windows?

This is the problem with politics. Its all or nothing for people, pure black/white. Just because someone supports a republican doesn't mean they support Trump. Republicans are anti-union and anti-tarrif, two things that would help Tesla. Think about that for a second.

Elon Musk’s politics are as enigmatic as his businesses

Turns out he gives basically the same amount to republicans as he does democrats.

A well publicized discount of $7500 expiring at the end of the year, is a good demand lever to generate strong demand for the high margin cars to generate the needed cash flow and hopefully GAAP profitability through the rest of 2018.

Losing the $7500 credit prematurely would have messed that up -- perhaps fatally.

I agree that pulling up the ladder behind them after they've fully milked the credit, and denying the benefits to others would be good for Tesla having more EV market share, but perhaps the EV market share overall would be smaller. Probably best to have the EV credit and extend it if possible as it properly price adjusts to reflect negative externalities of ICE
Right, so they should hope they get rid of the 200k part or cancel it for next year when porsche and audi and a few other big players start selling theirs

Musk it more than an individual, he is a brand; and as a brand he needs to pay into the political machine to have access. But his brand is much more aligned with values opposite to that of the GOP, he needs to play nice just to keep them from attacking the brand. We all know about the constant bombardment of negative headlines from other well organized sources.

The pro publica listing also shows $34,000 donation from GM (vs. Musk's $38,900) but the GM's donation was spread out in 12 smaller donations (from $1K to $5K). Why?.

Businesses had been donating to both sides to survive since forever. A "green" business to survive in this political climate, they need to give much much more to the political wind that is trying hard to snuff them out.

Unmasked??

Wow. The difference between politics and WWF is smaller than I thought.

Same hysterical audience for both.

I knew Elon looked familiar.

DBD83DAF-8831-4468-9CDF-FFB96FC54276.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: EVMeister
It's $39K ... that's a dollar in the panhandler's baseball cap, and paid to both blue and red faces of the oligarchy ... this one $8M fund has the top 10 donors at a quarter million each ... what do the real rulers of the USA spend to buy political parties and politicians in campaign spending and lobbyists and writing their own legislation? The oil, gas, coal, military, pharma, healthcare, insurance industries .. .the corn industry ... even cow, pig and chicken farmers ... hundreds of millions ...

Last edited:
This can't be true... It it is though...

I can't and won't support a company that actively contributes to the treason that's occurring every single day from this administration and the party that enables it... I doubt I'm alone in that...

Jeff

I feel the same way, I can’t stand the idea of my money supporting them. I’m sure some clarity will come to this soon enough.

Last edited: