Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon! Please send Sentry mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t tell if it’s AP2.5 hardware or MCU2 hardware, but any S or X made before August 2017 will NOT get the feature.

that sucks, Elon.

More likely AP2.5 like the dashcam feature. Wish the preventive measures were more robust instead of displaying a message on the screen (not as useful if windows tinted). Would prefer to have exterior lights turn on and maybe even a soft honk to let someone leaning or getting really close to your car know to back off.

Reactions: Varmint
More likely AP2.5 like the dashcam feature. Wish the preventive measures were more robust instead of displaying a message on the screen (not as useful if windows tinted). Would prefer to have exterior lights turn on and maybe even a soft honk to let someone leaning or getting really close to your car know to back off.

That would be pretty annoying in car parks. Car goes nuts every time the person parked next to it comes or goes.

Plus kids will soon figure out how to make the car flash its lights and honk on demand. You would be amazed how much entertainment they could get from that.

That would be pretty annoying in car parks. Car goes nuts every time the person parked next to it comes or goes.

Plus kids will soon figure out how to make the car flash its lights and honk on demand. You would be amazed how much entertainment they could get from that.
Then turn off the feature dude. OMG the whining on here amazes me!!!! That was meant for the previous poster. We have fan boys then we have those to whom Elon can NEVER be good enough.

Reactions: 1375mlm
Then turn off the feature dude. OMG the whining on here amazes me!!!! That was meant for the previous poster. We have fan boys then we have those to whom Elon can NEVER be good enough.

Okay, calm down buddy. All I meant was that it would be better if it acted like sentry dashcams, i.e. just record and flagged up interesting events when the user next returned to the car.

Like it or not standing near your car is not a crime and you can't stop people doing it. What you can do is capture video of them damaging your car and then report to their insurance or sue them.

Haha haha true kids will make a toy out of it.

I guess not to make the car go completely nuts anytime anyone is next to your car but if the person gets within 6” to turn the lights on or a single soft honk. Or at least notify us via app so that we can stream video footage and make a decision to escalate for preventative measures. I’m hoping things get more preventative. Capturing video in states where the crime is decriminalized won’t be as helpful as preventing it in the first place. The hardware is there, and I bet with time the software will only get better.

Video of the recorded video:

Doesn't manage to get the guy's face at first due to the wing mirror being in the way, but overall quite good. Hopefully it would capture someone hitting your car with their door in a car park, which is probably the most common source of damage. Actually I guess it would need to record them driving off too to get their licence plate.

Video of the recorded video:

Doesn't manage to get the guy's face at first due to the wing mirror being in the way, but overall quite good. Hopefully it would capture someone hitting your car with their door in a car park, which is probably the most common source of damage. Actually I guess it would need to record them driving off too to get their licence plate.

Still not super valuable if the thief has to bend down to see their face. But getting the license plate of the idiot who hit your car would be good.