Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon, Sell Some TSLA Shares Now and Address World Hunger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon Musk has offered to sell some of his Tesla (TSLA) stock "right now" if the UN can prove that $6 billion will solve world hunger.

His comments came after UN World Food Programme (WFP) director David Beasley challenged the ultra-wealthy — and in particular the world's two richest men Jeff Bezos and Musk — to "step up now, on a one-time basis" to help solve world hunger in an interview with CNN last week. "$6 billion to help 42 million people that are literally going to die if we don't reach them. It's not complicated," Beasley said on CNN's Connect the World program with Becky Anderson.

That sum would equate to roughly 2% of Musk's net wealth.

Addressing the billionaires directly in the CNN interview, he said: "What if it was your daughter starving to death? What if it was your family starving to death? Just, wake up, smell the coffee and help."

Elon should call their bluff and do it now to address work hunger. What do you think that would do for Tesla's image and positive marketing. That alone could cause him to make that money back. And Elon would still have well over $300B+.

There is no need to wait and "prove" anything. It does not have to permanently "solve" world hunger, just "help solve" world hunger would be enough. Undoubtedly, that amount of $$ would help save many, many lives.

I saw a story on CNN about families selling their daughters so the rest of the family could eat. Now, I know that is a political problem that even Elon's money many not solve, but given the extreme emergency compounded by Covid, he must do something now. Waiting will cause further suffering and death.

Let us loyal Tesla owners help convince Elon to do something now.

has offered to sell some of his Tesla (TSLA) stock "right now" if the UN can prove that $6 billion will solve world hunger.

His comments came after UN World Food Programme (WFP) director David Beasley challenged the ultra-wealthy — and in particular the world's two richest men Jeff Bezos and Musk — to "step up now, on a one-time basis" to help solve world hunger in an interview with CNN last week. "$6 billion to help 42 million people that are literally going to die if we don't reach them. It's not complicated," Beasley said on CNN's Connect the World program with Becky Anderson.

Addressing the billionaires directly in the CNN interview, he said: "What if it was your daughter starving to death? What if it was your family starving to death? Just, wake up, smell the coffee and help."

Elon should call their bluff and do it now to address work hunger. What do you think that would do for Tesla's image and positive marketing. That alone could cause him to make that money back. And Elon would still have well over $300B+.

There is no need to wait and "prove" anything. It does not have to permanently "solve" world hunger, just "help solve" world hunger would be enough. Undoubtedly, that amount of $$ would help save many, many lives.

I saw a story on CNN about families selling their daughters so the rest of the family could eat. Now, I know that is a political problem that even Elon's money many not solve, but given the extreme emergency compounded by Covid, he must do something now. Waiting will cause further suffering and death.

Most of those people don't have access to food because of political instability. I think the US recently proved that if there is an amount of money that can bring political stability it's far in excess of $6B.... far in excess of $2T.... :(

The problem isn't lack of food. The problem is security.

Elon is doing far more to reduce political instability => starvation by addressing climate change than anything anyone else could do with $6B.

2014 Quadrennial defense review

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 11.41.49 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: h2ofun
Elon Musk has offered to sell some of his Tesla (TSLA) stock "right now" if the UN can prove that $6 billion will solve world hunger.

Granted, Elon is unbelievably rich (and btw has earned it through brilliance AND sacrifice) but It’s always easier spending other people’s money.

I would suggest that those voting yes should also tithe 10% of their net worth too to this program. Also, I’d want to see an accounting from Beasley since too many of these UN run programs are corrupted.

Reactions: tonyb99
Granted, Elon is unbelievably rich (and btw has earned it through brilliance AND sacrifice) but It’s always easier spending other people’s money.

I would suggest that those voting yes should also tithe 10% of their net worth too to this program. Also, I’d want to see an accounting from Beasley since too many of these UN run programs are corrupted.
WOW..you actually equate a middle class american having anyplace close to the 100+ Biillon$'s that Elon has..when is enough enough?
Maybe Elon sholuld keep his word..it would be great for business and the image of what a filthy rich person can do..that matters.

You drank the Kool-Aid and they have you right where they want you.

Reactions: RSpanner