Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon tweets interesting pic of autopilot development screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think blinker to fork will allow you to select which fork of an expanding lane (or highway exit) you will take by using your blinkers.
This would be very nice. I find I have to override AP frequently at expanding lanes to have it go where I want. It presently just follows the lead car, or randomly decides, usually against my input. So a quick blinker for a decision would be AWESOME. I don't have FSD, and am happy to maintain my awareness and input like that for EAP.

This would be very nice. I find I have to override AP frequently at expanding lanes to have it go where I want. It presently just follows the lead car, or randomly decides, usually against my input. So a quick blinker for a decision would be AWESOME. I don't have FSD, and am happy to maintain my awareness and input like that for EAP.
Actually, this has been the case with AP1 for a while now (at least with forking lanes). When I first noticed this i wasn't sure if I was just selectively noticing when AP decided to make the "right" decision. But I repeated the experiment in the same location several times, and sure enough, blinking left chooses the left fork; blinking right chooses the right fork.

I have also confirmed that this does NOT happen everywhere. There are many locations where it picks a fork randomly or just follows the lead car. So the behavior does appear to be tied to specific data for that specific location.