Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people getting banned from saying racist stuff and not even on the platform? Didn't Elon said these things will be made hard to find on twitter but will not be deleted because it's not illegal. People can worship whoever they want to worship, you can agree or disagree but that's your only right. You shouldn't be allowed to silence the person because that's beyond your rights which is the point of this entire free speech thing.

Lets stop pretending this has anything to do with "free speech". Elon is just a fascist dictator. He is banning left leaning economists now.

Dude, didn't we establish that these bans are due to them auto banning bots and it's making mistakes? The program also banned some of Elon's biggest supporters too. Looks like these accounts have been restored. You have been through so many FUD events being an investor in Tesla and now you are roped into the drama on twitter.

OK. If that were true, wouldn't Cook have gone to Twitter? I fully concede that none of us were there and don't know what led to what. To me though, if you are asking for something from someone, you go to them hat in hand. You don't expect them to come to you.

So.

Optics.
Yeah, if I'm asking someone for a favor I would go to them, not ask them to come to me. But that's not the most important part, the most important part is if anything of substance came from it. But given nothing was announced, it doesn't seem like anything came from it.

Dude, didn't we establish that these bans are due to them auto banning bots and it's making mistakes?
Where did "we" "establish" that ?

There have been several left leaning accounts banned since Elon took over. Apparently the "bot banning" is only targeting leftists.

I know Pathole and some others were banned. Thats different from an ultra-right person requesting Elon to ban someone and that person gets banned.

Where did "we" "establish" that ?
Elon said this last night

This post talks about pro Elon/Tesla people got banned

This post right after talks about how Elon is banning people who doesn't agree with him

And this post tells you all the accounts have been restored

Lastly Elon said this today

So pay attention before calling people fascist or else you're no better than TslaQ

A comment about the list of far right politicians who are being liked by voters who like Elon: if the interviewers had given the respondents names of moderate Republicans to choose from, they probably would have liked them too. So your conclusion that Elon is aligned with the far right may be flawed.
Thats not how it works.

YouGov has an internet panel. So they just use large number of surveys they have conducted using the same people to figure out which other personalities people who liked Elon also liked. Bit like how Amazon tells you what people who bought one products also bought (or what music someone who liked a particular song also liked).

You can also see a + at the end of the list ... so you can load more people. I guess they show the "most matched" people at the top.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Tesla favorability graph in WSJ article is interesting.

After May bid by Elon of Twitter, the favorability goes up a bit. But after June fight of Elon not wanting to buy Twitter anymore, the favorability goes down.

1669930086921.png

Now let´s see what Elon does with this guy, who commited complete media suicide today:

has to be banned for life.
How You two guys downvoted this is out of my understanding.

Rolling Stone got the info:

Yeah, if I'm asking someone for a favor I would go to them, not ask them to come to me. But that's not the most important part, the most important part is if anything of substance came from it. But given nothing was announced, it doesn't seem like anything came from it.
The substance, if there was any, seems to be that Musk was reassured and the Defcon 1 drama level decreased.

Can't say if anything else occurred.

And now its spilling over.

The Jewish foundation will not stop until this is corrected.
That’s great, but as a member of the tribe I didn’t ask them to and would prefer they focus on helping fellow Jews facing everyday problems. Would you know about any of this if Kanye was still banned from Twitter?

If so, Why are you looking for things to be aggrieved about?

How You two guys downvoted this is out of my understanding.

Rolling Stone got the info:

I don’t think it’s hard to understand why people downvoted your post (I didn’t, although I do disagree with your opinion). You could have been right if Kanye had been saying certain things on Twitter which violate the TOS, but you cannot ban people for what they say or do in their daily life.

Twitter TOS doesn’t have any paragraph about how you should behave outside of Twitter, and rightfully so. It would be the same as you getting banned on TMC because you got arrested for drunk driving or harassing your neighbor (which you didn’t ofcourse). That would be unacceptable.

It’s a policy which you would expect under totalitarian regimes like North Korea, China, Cuba or Russia, not in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.