Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Define far left.

Actually Elon called San Francisco far left last night and SV as centrist. He actually used the chart that shows political donations by tech companies which shows Twitter employees (not executives) at 98% Democratic donations and of course ignored that Tesla was 94%. Ok so why does the right always use San Francisco as the picture of far left. I have one idea. Whats yours?

Source for the 94% of political donations by Tesla employees were to Dems please. Googled and could not find this.

The fact there’s just a single dislike and no comments on a heartwarming moment with EM and his young son spending some quality time is very telling on the motivations of the thread.

So again: Isn’t it adorable?
TMC isn't TMZ nor is it Elon's club.

I believe young children would benefit from some privacy, especially as such young age.

Elon has no problem using his children to create his straw man arguments whenever it suits his political fights – despite his claim of having no mercy for anyone who would use the deaths of children for gain, politics or fame. I won't bring water to his mill.

Define far left.

Actually Elon called San Francisco far left last night and SV as centrist. He actually used the chart that shows political donations by tech companies which shows Twitter employees (not executives) at 98% Democratic donations and of course ignored that Tesla was 94%. Ok so why does the right always use San Francisco as the picture of far left. I have one idea. Whats yours?
Actually I found Portland to be moreso fitting the definition. SF is left but more posh feeling.

Yes, when making comparisons it is always a good idea to compare stocks that are in as different a league as possible.

Here's a comparison with a few more closely related charts added. (you CAN tell that they are related, can't you?)

TSLA-black
AMZN-green
SPX-orange
NDX-blue
MSFT-pink
META-violet

There seems to be a trend here... though Facebook seems to have been hit harder by the Twitter purchase than were the others.

I guess that TSLA was lucky to have fared so well. 🤷‍♂️
Imagine if Tesla company performance in 2022 was as bad as Meta company performance in 2022. Would TSLA be trending just like META?

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I didnt notice the date last night. That is hilarious. Actually the whole thing is hilarious how many times Elon is owning himself with these Twitter file dumps.

See, this is just a strawman argument. You have a political axe to grind, and you are trying to make us all think that on DAY 1 when Elon took over Twitter that everything should have immediately realigned with his "agenda". At best what you are doing is deceptive, and you know it.

Billions of tweets a day, BILLIONS, and we are supposed to expect that everything policy and functionality wise that Elon wants to accomplish is supposed to be already completed? Really?

You are not making a credible argument here.

If in 12 months there is not marked progress at Twitter in the direction Elon has stated, I'll give him an F on his goals. But 6 weeks out? Comon, that's BS.

Source for the 94% of political donations by Tesla employees were to Dems please. Googled and could not find this.
This is the image that Elon tweeted last night to support his theory that San Francisco Engineers are far left. If you are a right wing Engineer looks like Oracle is the place you want to be.

1670598485022.png

Imagine if Tesla company performance in 2022 was as bad as Meta company performance in 2022. Would TSLA be trending just like META?

Doesn't matter. Company performance is UNCOUPLED from stock price right now, for many companies. AAPL has continued to rake in the profits, but they have been punished as well.

This is the image that Elon tweeted last night to support his theory that San Francisco Engineers are far left.

View attachment 883048

Then to both you and Elon, I would say DETAILS MATTER - per that image, there are some flaws there, as it's "select" data.

1) It's contributions of $200 or more. I'm worth 8 figures, and I still don't give even $200 to any single individual candidate. What would the graphs look like if ALL contributions, not just those of $200 or more, were graphed out? That seems to be more relevant data.
2) It's contributions to only individual candidates, not to PACs (which have no contribution limit). I would be VERY interested in that data, as I would want to know "total political contributions" more than just a subset.

Both you and Elon are using a limited data set. That's my beef (that the data is incomplete, and we have no idea how representative it is).

One final point - the worker make-up for Tesla and Twitter are very different as well. Twitter is exclusively white collar, and white collar in SF = very Dem. Tesla has lots and lots of factory (blue collar) workers, and is by design VERY lean on white collar positions (i.e. a "flat" management structure). Non-union Blue Collar workers . . . I would be very interested in if they even make political contributions.

Point - the political contributions from employees of the companies is probably not a good metric of their political leanings.

See, this is just a strawman argument. You have a political axe to grind, and you are trying to make us all think that on DAY 1 when Elon took over Twitter that everything should have immediately realigned with his "agenda". At best what you are doing is deceptive, and you know it.

Billions of tweets a day, BILLIONS, and we are supposed to expect that everything policy and functionality wise that Elon wants to accomplish is supposed to be already completed? Really?

You are not making a credible argument here.

If in 12 months there is not marked progress at Twitter in the direction Elon has stated, I'll give him an F on his goals. But 6 weeks out? Comon, that's BS.
He has been bragging since basically the 1st week about the awesome changes already in place. Elon supporters every day on Twitter tweet how much Twitter is already, yet Bari Weiss posts about a Tweet that doxxed someone and said that Twitter still hadnt pulled down. High profile enough to make it into the Twitter File nonsense, and something that Elon gave to Bari Weiss, but he couldnt call for it to get pulled down.

This chart comparison clearly illustrates the strong influence the Twitter saga has had upon TSLA when compared to AMZN over the past year.

TSLA - Black
AMZN - Green

Hopefully this comprehensively demonstrates once and for all just how the Twitter deal has negatively affected TSLA in a markedly different way than the Macro environment's effect upon both of these stocks.

I had no idea the Twitter purchase had also affected AMZN in such a similar way. 🤔

/s
Maybe the only useful chart on investor side of the forum in two years.
Can’t you factor in potential effects of robotaxi, roadster and Optimus sales? Say, out to maybe the year 2053?

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Then to both you and Elon, I would say DETAILS MATTER - per that image, there are some flaws there, as it's "select" data.

1) It's contributions of $200 or more. I'm worth 8 figures, and I still don't give even $200 to any single individual candidate. What would the graphs look like if ALL contributions, not just those of $200 or more, were graphed out? That seems to be more relevant data.
2) It's contributions to only individual candidates, not to PACs (which have no contribution limit). I would be VERY interested in that data, as I would want to know "total political contributions" more than just a subset.

Both you and Elon are using a limited data set. That's my beef (that the data is incomplete, and we have no idea how representative it is).

One final point - the worker make-up for Tesla and Twitter are very different as well. Twitter is exclusively white collar, and white collar in SF = very Dem. Tesla has lots and lots of factory (blue collar) workers, and is by design VERY lean on white collar positions (i.e. a "flat" management structure). Non-union Blue Collar workers . . . I would be very interested in if they even make political contributions.

Point - the political contributions from employees of the companies is probably not a good metric of their political leanings.
He used it to prove a point and ignored his own company on the list. I make no other point then he totally ignores it and he was talking about Engineers. Does he survey his Tesla engineers and knows something different about them? I would think that is illegal to do by the way, but not certain of it. Can the CEO of a company go to his employees and ask what political party do you support?

Meta was CRUCIFIED earlier this year when it missed badly. I guarantee you that if TSLA has missed like META, it would be sub-100 right now.
Which was my point. Had Tesla performed like nearly all in that list it would be far worse then it is now. So simply saying TSLA is where it is at just like AMZN is ignoring that AMZN has had a bad year business performance wise while TSLA has been stellar.

Replacing people who report factual information like the real situation in Ukraine or people whose contributions have included leading efforts to identify Jan 6 rioters for law enforcement like Chad Loder (who has been suspended since Elon took over) with a bunch of people and groups like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Project Veritas, is a good thing?

I don't go on Twitter to get outraged about fiction, I go there to learn what's really happening in the world. I'm not a content generator there, I'm only there because people and organizations known for good information are there. A large number of those sources have started mirror accounts on Mastadon, Post.News, and Substack. I'll end up where ever they do because I want that information.

I still have a Facebook account, but I rarely go there because the friends who were there have moved on. The same thing will happen with Twitter if this pattern continues.
If most journalists and news orgs move to post.news, Twitter will become irrelevant, in my opinion. Media report tweets because media writers spend all their time on Twitter. Once they move, Twitter will become a has been. Might happen!

I am with Jaron Lanier on Elon and his Twitter fiasco. Elon is addicted to Twitter. He was a power user before he became the owner. Attention is incredibly addictive for some people. Outrage and outrageousness get attention and he seems to live off of attention. It’s pretty pathetic. Unfortunately, the ideologies he is promoting have real consequences on other people. Yes, anti-vax ideology does kill people. Anti-Semitic ideology led to unfathomable genocide. Elon has a huge following and he is wildly influential. Men with insatiable hunger for attention and power have caused massive harm throughout history, sometimes unintentionally. Time will tell what kind of harm Elon’s addiction will cause to himself and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.