Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other side of FTX ....Alemeda...... was funding Republicans, so they were playing both sides of the aisle.
No big surprise there.

The report is SBF funneled millions possibly billions to Democrats.

I can only find $26,100 to Republicans by Alameda Research

I'm sure he'll recant that, now that he knows there was in fact an investigation. I'll be here holding my breath.
Nah. They’re only arresting him so he doesn’t have to testify before congress tomorrow. ;)There is literally nothing that can happen that won’t be a sign of corruption to these people.

I think there was 2,5MM to the turtle man.

• Informative
Reactions: Nathan

"But Bankman-Fried said he gave to more than Democrats. He said in an interview released Tuesday on YouTube that he donated “about the same amount of money” to Republicans. That $40 million went unnoticed because all his Republican donations were “dark money,” he said.

"And there’s another key figure at FTX, executive Ryan Salame, who gave roughly $24 million to Republicans this past cycle and who has, so far, largely avoided being a face of the FTX debacle."

Democrats = Teslaq 😅

elon love.PNG

Yes, and it was for the uniparty rinos.

As to silencing people, my attitude is that during the pandemic we are effectively at war. So yes, people whose job it is to set policy should do so, and other people should STFU and follow policy. I certainly had my issues with the public health sector, as they refused to put vaccine testing and approval on a war footing. We should have approved the vaccines long before we knew they were safe, as there were plenty of volunteers willing to test them despite the known and the possible risks. This would have saved hundreds of thousands of lives. Not doing so was simply stupid CYA behavior. As was so much that went on at that time.
The last allinpodcast did a nice sarcastic rant which highlight how different we speak about this if we talk about China and US. See how this makes you feel, would you argue the same?

I will modify your quote and see if you agree:

As to silencing the Chinese people, my attitude is that during the pandemic they are effectively at war. So yes, CCP whose job it is to set policy should do so, and Chinese people should STFU and follow policy. I certainly had my issues with the CCP, as they refused MRNA vaccines approval on a war footing. They should have approved the MRNA vaccines long before they knew they were safe, as there were plenty of volunteers willing to test them despite the known and the possible risks. This would have saved hundreds of thousands of lives. Not doing so was simply stupid CYA behavior. As was so much that went on at that time.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC
“That doesn’t make it incitement of violence because the statement did not include anything whatsoever telling people to threaten Yoel Roth nor does it appear to have had that intent.”

I think it is hopelessly naïve to believe in the hyper-partisan, hyper-violent, and hyper-armed America of 2022 that an insinuation of pedophilia (QAnon’s favoritest cause célèbre) would have no repercussions or put lives at risk.
Insinuation of any wrongdoing is not, by definition, incitement of violence per se. Nobody gets a free pass on acts of violence because someone tweeted something.

Violence in America is actually at its lowest point in decades, with a long-term downward trend that’s been ongoing since it peaked around the early 1990s. We live in one of the least violent times in human history.

Last edited:
"But Bankman-Fried said he gave to more than Democrats. He said in an interview released Tuesday on YouTube that he donated “about the same amount of money” to Republicans. That $40 million went unnoticed because all his Republican donations were “dark money,” he said.

"And there’s another key figure at FTX, executive Ryan Salame, who gave roughly $24 million to Republicans this past cycle and who has, so far, largely avoided being a face of the FTX debacle."

Just going by things that can be unbiasedly verified. Can't really trust anything coming out of SBF's mouth.

Happy to be proven wrong by some cold hard data listed on political donation roll sheets. Link em up, I'll happily acquiesce.

I'm sure he'll recant that, now that he knows there was in fact an investigation. I'll be here holding my breath.
So Tom Fitton is an editor of Judicial Watch, which, in addition to advertising on Breitbart, is also a big fan of the argument that climate change is a hoax. They are not just dabblers in that, according to his wiki entry, they are actually suing some scientists in an attempt to get emails which they hope will show that said client scientists know climate change is a hoax but just haven't let all of us in on the gag.

So, what does everyone think about Elon responding to, of all people, this guy:

1. Elon doesn't really know who he is.
2. Elon doesn't care who he is, he just posted a nice swipe at Biden so that's good enough.
3. Elon knows who he is, but battling the WMV is more important than a guy who is against everything not one, but two companies Elon also owns are trying to address.
4. Oh, and 4, Elon didn't even bother actually reading whether it was Fitton, or Fruiton, or Figgen, its not how Elon rolls after a blunt or three.
5. What is really going on is the whole "accelerate the change to sustainable energy" is the actual joke, those of us who believed in it are suckers, and the real problem is the Babylon Bee got banned for the meanest swipe at an arguably, barely public figure one could think of, that only someone who is into making fun of trans people would find funny.

I vote for either 1 or 4. I may be too optimistic and its really 2, 3, or (ugh) 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.