Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they specifically say that they don’t believe in climate change in that tweet? There’s enough there to say they don’t believe that EV’s affect the climate without paraphrasing in a dishonest way.

And rather than using it as some kind of “own”, consider replying to them in a respectful way how you disagree and provide facts.

Here you go. Pretty unambiguous.

Can you help with some respectful potential responses?

Really ... I don't think there are more than a handful of GOP politicians who believe in AGW. And activists .... hardly any.
There’s that whole tribalism thing again.

Take it from someone who sells EV’s to people who would not have ever considered one. You don’t plant an idea (positively) in someone’s head by beating them with it and calling them a planet murderer or MAGAt.

I think it would be hilarious if by the time the next rent cheque is due the building was cleared out and Twitter HQ popped up somewhere in Central (or North) Texas all of a sudden.

They can probably do that, but there will just be lawsuits and we know how successful Elon has been on those. Sign a contract, abide to it or simply get sued and courts force you to uphold it then. That's the so American way right? I know my company still pays leases not even using most of the space.

I guess Elon can just shut Twitter down and file for bankrupcy and renegotiate all the terms then, then all his supporters will now be wrong that Elon didn't turn around Twitter as originally imagined. The horror, Elon failing at something? He can't do that right? Maybe that's the best bet honestly to dump all the bad debt, but he does have skin/$$ in the game.

I agree with you that he probably should move it though. He's already a resident of Texas, Tesla HQ is there. Why fly back and forth? Why have all these overpriviledged workers (/s) who, the horror, expects free meals right and have to be in the office? I assume lower wages in Texas too. Not sure how hard-core Texas engineers are, but I assume there will be some everywhere (maybe folks with no family, lives, and are young).

Elon's description was equally idiotic and right inline with BB. "Exclusionary, hateful...", that's religious extremism in a nutshell. What "woke" is really just previously downtrodden members of society getting a stronger voice to fight back. Yes, as I've said in the past, some people have abused that and taken it too far, but I'll take conservatives getting upset about pronouns and not being able to say the N word or F word or punch down on minorities and LGBTQ people. The world is changing, as it needs to, and conservative white people need to face those changes.
Exclusionary and hateful is religious extremism in a nutshell? I mean if there's a tree chart, religious extremism can be under "exclusionary and hateful" but it's not the only thing that has those two traits.

Currently the democratic party for whatever reason is being exclusionary and hateful towards anyone opposing their views.

Remember that time when your conservative family member called you a racist fascist who stood for rapist during Thanksgiving dinner? Yeah me neither.

Another great example of Elon playing the ball, not the man, he doesn't care about who he's replying to, he cares about the ideas, actions.

This also destroyed the narrative that he's somehow captured by far right, but I expect the usual suspects to ignore this evidence as before.

You could just admit you might have been wrong about this one. It's an incredibly better reflection on your participation here, and would pay dividends going forward.

Yeah, it’s likely they haven’t changed their mind on that based on both past and current commentary however I’d like to give them (Fitton) the opportunity to explain their position or engage Elon back on their most recent statement before I pass judgement.

You see where i’m going though right? If someone doesn’t believe in environmental science and settled facts, an attempt should be made to educate but also listen to their position so you may best refute their argument without animosity.

• Helpful
Reactions: ohmman
Another great example of Elon playing the ball, not the man, he doesn't care about who he's replying to, he cares about the ideas, actions.

This also destroyed the narrative that he's somehow captured by far right, but I expect the usual suspects to ignore this evidence as before.
Just like how a broken clock is right twice a day, a singular instance a trend does not make.

That being said I do fully expect there to be more instances of this, but any observer can look at his tweets as a whole and see where he does lean, especially over the past few weeks.

Yeah, it’s likely they haven’t changed their mind on that based on both past and current commentary however I’d like to give them (Fitton) the opportunity to explain their position or engage Elon back on their most recent statement before I pass judgement.

You see where i’m going though right? If someone doesn’t believe in environmental science and settled facts, an attempt should be made to educate but also listen to their position so you may best refute their argument without animosity.
Or you could look up who is and see he's not just some guy sh*tposting on Twitter. I'm sure he's well versed in all the education you might hope to provide him.

Status
Not open for further replies.