Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone knows the best IT talent is in TX. 🤣
Maybe not…. “While Californians headed east are drawn in by the promise of affordable suburban tract homes, many of the Texans bound in the other direction are recent college graduates seeking a fresh start to their young careers and lives. California continually attracts talents — and drains brains — from Texas.”

Op-Ed: Are Californians fleeing en masse to Texas? The reality is complicated

For at least 15 years, it has become nearly cliché that Californians are moving to Texas, where jobs abound and the price of housing is far cheaper. But nearly unnoticed is the traffic that has long headed the other way from the Lone Star State to the Golden State, where between 35,000 and 40,000 Texans move annually regardless of economic conditions.

Indeed, if Texas expats who arrived in California since 2000 had their own city it would be close to the size of San Jose — about a million people. But the Texodus to California bears a sharp distinction: While Californians headed east are drawn in by the promise of affordable suburban tract homes, many of the Texans bound in the other direction are recent college graduates seeking a fresh start to their young careers and lives. California continually attracts talents — and drains brains — from Texas.

Worth.

It.
SF def not a great place to live in many ways but be careful what you ask for. Austin will eventually wind up with even more overcrowding and sprawl than it has now.
And that’s where he’d move it, really the only place in Texas that would work.
And while Bay Area and Seattle have their own easy to mock social issues, Texas state government is a pretty sad joke.

SF def not a great place to live in many ways but be careful what you ask for. Austin will eventually wind up with even more overcrowding and sprawl than it has now.
And that’s where he’d move it, really the only place in Texas that would work.
And while Bay Area and Seattle have their own easy to mock social issues, Texas state government is a pretty sad joke.
Yeah Austin is a mess. I would hope he would pick San Antonio or DFW instead but that may be too thin a spread.

Boca Chica could work.

Reactions: philw1776
Great job Elon.. now the Taliban are hosting Twitter Spaces in support of Andrew Tate. Unbelievable.
Screenshot_2023-01-02 18.35.58_Z30uwk.png

Great job Elon.. now the Taliban are hosting Twitter Spaces in support of Andrew Tate. Unbelievable.
View attachment 891558
Well, it’s the “public town square”… hopefully the guys in the orange jump suits don’t show up next.. I wonder if they would put a stop to that.. I wonder if there is anyone AT Twitter even working on moderation, banning and filtering? From my last contacts who WERE inside and some who are still inside, most of that group including leadership has been fired or left.

Last edited:
I don't understand why anyone is still working at Twitter, aside from people trapped by visas or other personal circumstances, such as illness in the family.

Elon won't stop this madness on his own. Something is wrong with him. It's infuriating. As far as his involvement with Tesla goes, he needs to be stopped by the Tesla BOD. Ideally, if kicked out of his position, he'd come to his senses, revert to Good Elon and get back to saving the world.

I don't know what Tesla will do with him like this, or OTOH without him. We're pretty much damned either way.

Sigh.

Surprise surprise that M$N would post something like that.

It's actually a market watch article I think. One thing I don't understand about all your comments is this article is facts. Tesla missed delivery estimates. Why the constant hate?

It's not like an opinion piece. Tesla missed delivery numbers...everything with stocks is future, expectactions based. We'll see what people/the market thinks.

It's actually a market watch article I think. One thing I don't understand about all your comments is this article is facts. Tesla missed delivery estimates. Why the constant hate?

It's not like an opinion piece. Tesla missed delivery numbers...everything with stocks is future, expectactions based. We'll see what people/the market thinks.
It's the classic strategy of can't find a problem with the message, but don't like the message, so attack the messenger.

Constantly see that from the folks who want to see Elon keelhauled for the mortal sin of going against the “approved” narrative.
It's only the Elon worshippers that I see attacking articles with empirical facts not for getting facts wrong but for publishing facts they don't like. It's one thing to refute facts by showing facts are wrong and another to attack the source without providing any evidence that it got the facts wrong, or providing additional data that shows another trend.

It's only the Elon worshippers that I see attacking articles with empirical facts not for getting facts wrong but for publishing facts they don't like. It's one thing to refute facts by showing facts are wrong and another to attack the source without providing any evidence that it got the facts wrong, or providing additional data that shows another trend.
We've all gotten really used to seeing endless articles chock full of facts like "Teslas catch fire!!!" Absolutely true, but useless without the necessary context (never provided) "... at 10% the rate of comparable ICE vehicles".

Last edited:
We're all gotten really used to seeing endless articles chock full of facts like "Teslas catch fire!!!" Absolutely true, but useless without the necessary context (never provided) "... at 10% the rate of comparable ICE vehicles".
Sure, and providing that additional data is how you bring context to those types of articles. Saying "Well, the article is by news outlet X, they just publish crap about Tesla again and again" on the other hand is attacking the messenger and not the message.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I don't understand why anyone is still working at Twitter, aside from people trapped by visas or other personal circumstances, such as illness in the family.
Just look at the pictures Elon has posted. its this. They either work at Twitter with their H1B visas or leave the country at this point. It’s a great way to manage talent.

Not

Status
Not open for further replies.