Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, and providing that additional data is how you bring context to those types of articles. Saying "Well, the article is by news outlet X, they just publish crap about Tesla again and again" on the other hand is attacking the messenger and not the message.
I'm not much interested in cleaning up propaganda. Once I've identified a source that publishes garbage, I just don't pay attention to it any more. Of course some sources are good for some things and garbage for others, so there's nuance to that too.

But, you know: opinions from Musk on Fauci -- don't even bother reading; opinions from Musk on batteries -- pay close attention.

It's actually a market watch article I think. One thing I don't understand about all your comments is this article is facts. Tesla missed delivery estimates. Why the constant hate?

It's not like an opinion piece. Tesla missed delivery numbers...everything with stocks is future, expectactions based. We'll see what people/the market thinks.

i think it's easier for the Elon-worshippers to believe that the entire mainstream media and most Tesla owners have a secret plot to oppress dear leader instead of just facing the fact that he's been a total D*ick lately and has abandoned most of what he once stood for.

Tesla board should order Elon to shut up about anything not related to Tesla or SpaceX or lose his job as CEO.

I'm not sure there's the votes on the board to tell Elon to do anything between the voting shares he still owns, and the blocks that are loyal to him. It's a good idea, and should happen, I just don't know that other than some stern back-room talks anything will come of it.

I'm not sure there's the votes on the board to tell Elon to do anything between the voting shares he still owns, and the blocks that are loyal to him. It's a good idea, and should happen, I just don't know that other than some stern back-room talks anything will come of it.
I believe Elon owns somewhere between 10-15% of the shares outstanding. So it's how the other 85-90% of shares would vote that matters. The board would need to take that into consideration because the board answers to the shareholders.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I believe Elon owns somewhere between 10-15% of the shares outstanding. So it's how the other 85-90% of shares would vote that matters. The board would need to take that into consideration because the board answers to the shareholders.

Ah, but Elon put in place "supermajority voting" in how Tesla shareholder voting works, requiring an 89.9% threshold for big decisions (like removing him from power), so even at 10% ownership he still rules, even without calling in favors from big shareholder friends.

This is an older article, but explains the tactic at Tesla: How Elon Musk controls Tesla with only a minority stake

Last edited:
How can you expect this if the Twitter sitter got a 50mi bonus via stock?
The board is a mess.

Sorta like the IOUs, hard to kick out someone who's giving you millions (hundreds of thousands for IOU folks) to be on the board. I didn't know about that 89% voting rule of Tesla so it'll be pretty much impossible to change/do anything unless Elon supports that proposal. I still believe Elon = Tesla so I don't think changing CEOs is possible until Elon decides it. Is "Technoking of Tesla" his official title?

• Informative
Yeah Austin is a mess. I would hope he would pick San Antonio or DFW instead but that may be too thin a spread.

Boca Chica could work.
I wouldn’t want to be Human Resources manager trying to recruit sharp young techies to anywhere in texas except Austin.
Also wouldn’t want to see the tiny workforce left if he told the current loyal/survivors they had to move to … Dallas.
It would be a catastrophically dumb management move. And therefore totally plausible given his track record at Twitter.

Oh well, I've ignored him since everything he posts seems to be brainwashed rheteric without thought. Good riddance on trying to even have a meaningful discussion there. I'll give Elon credit once/if he turns things around...We'll see how real demand in the next 6 months is with how this all plays out.

I'm guessing he's tanking everything to take it into bankruptcy to renegotiate all the debt before his first April payment.
If he takes it into bankruptcy, wouldn't the stock becomes worthless and he would no longer have any ownership stake in it? Only the secured creditors should have ownership interest in a bankruptcy proceeding. I don't see them wanting to allow Elon to continue to run the company.

• Informative
Ah, but Elon put in place "supermajority voting" in how Tesla shareholder voting works, requiring an 89.9% threshold for big decisions (like removing him from power), so even at 10% ownership he still rules, even without calling in favors from big shareholder friends.

This is an older article, but explains the tactic at Tesla: How Elon Musk controls Tesla with only a minority stake
Well, 89.9% threshold of non-insider shares, not an 89.9% threshold of shares outstanding. So it's still a different situation than Zuck/Meta, where Zuck has the absolute ability to beat any shareholder vote single-handedly. Given that Elon has sold a good number of shares last year that 89.9% threshold may be somewhat lower now. Still a supermajority but not a super-supermajority.

If he takes it into bankruptcy, wouldn't the stock becomes worthless and he would no longer have any ownership stake in it? Only the secured creditors should have ownership interest in a bankruptcy proceeding. I don't see them wanting to allow Elon to continue to run the company.

I assume during bankruptcy, anything is negotiable then with Twitter. Again, this is not Tesla stock, only whatever folks have after they purchased into Twitter. They're completely separate companies.

As for Elon's share after all his recent sales last year, doesn't he have large blocks of stock vesting coming up? Wouldn't that increase his stake higher as well?

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.