Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe this has to be explained to you but…Someone’s opinion on a brand or item is not the same as a group of idiots pushing each other’s vaccination misinformation out to all their other idiot followers. The fact is the majority of people are too stupid to use social media with any caution or skepticism so they end up as useful idiots pushing misinformation for a group they don’t really know for reasons they don’t understand. The herd mentality is dangerous.
Just out of interest...are you an expert on ‘misinformation on the internet’...because unless you are, you are just another lay person who opinion is as dangerous as mine

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke and B@ndit
Just out of interest...are you an expert on ‘misinformation on the internet’...because unless you are, you are just another lay person who opinion is as dangerous as mine
You don’t need to be an expert on “misinformation on the internet”, whatever the f that is… to be able to distinguish individual pieces of misinformation. Hell, you don’t even need to be an expert on the topic in a lot of cases. A surface level of knowledge and a dash of common sense can suffice a lot of the time. But that seems to be a lot to ask of people these days.

You don’t need to be an expert on “misinformation on the internet”, whatever the f that is… to be able to distinguish individual pieces of misinformation. Hell, you don’t even need to be an expert on the topic in a lot of cases. A surface level of knowledge and a dash of common sense can suffice a lot of the time. But that seems to be a lot to ask of people these days.
If you read my posts you will see that is exactly what I said

• Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke and B@ndit
Would you be more comfortable if I used your terminology? Lay person…

Now, where was that post you referred to that was “exactly what i said”?
It just said that lay people like you and me can have a valid opinion on a subject even if we are not experts in that field....it’s good that we can now bury the hatchet and co-exist comfortably in the world of Tesla ownership 😁

Reactions: bkp_duke

It just said that lay people like you and me can have a valid opinion on a subject even if we are not experts in that field....it’s good that we can now bury the hatchet and co-exist comfortably in the world of Tesla ownership 😁
Ah so it didn’t say what I said at all. Got it. Had me confused there for a second when you used the word “exactly”. Enjoy your Tesla buddy.

Oh dear...posts 14,253 and 14,256....sorry I can’t link them..but I’m not an expert 😜🤪😂

This has sidetracked from Twitter/Elon, but with all the recent back and forth, since this is the armpit of TMC already, were you the poster who earlier was saying Ukraine should just surrender already and the war should end and just give whatever up to Russia and stop the war?

If you were, I think that alone explains a lot about someone's mindset/posts here and their own bias/views/selfishness of the world.

I take some of your points...but there was a time when all we heard from were ‘experts’...most self appointed experts, politicians and journalists....then came the Internet and suddenly Joe Schmoe can have a say....then came twitter and Joe can now speak directly to the great and good...whether they are in the US or Holland. Personally I think it’s a good thing

Before the internet...in my field and probably yours...the experts who you saw in the media were often not the best but the ones who self promoted the best (or worse those with a face for television or any qualified women who was beautiful). The journalists, who mediated everything the average person ever saw were often the least informed.
The world of experts now has to compete with the voice of the lay person...to me, that’s a huge improvement.

Oh dear...posts 14,253 and 14,256....sorry I can’t link them..but I’m not an expert 😜🤪😂
14256 isn’t even your post so I am guessing you meant 12457. Either way, none of that is “exactly what I said”. You are in big support of “lay people” injecting their opinions. I’m saying it’s dangerous and there is more than enough examples to show why. Such as vaccine misinformation. So no, we are not saying the same thing or in agreement in any way.

This has sidetracked from Twitter/Elon, but with all the recent back and forth, since this is the armpit of TMC already, were you the poster who earlier was saying Ukraine should just surrender already and the war should end and just give whatever up to Russia and stop the war?

If you were, I think that alone explains a lot about someone's mindset/posts here and their own bias/views/selfishness of the world.
NO I WAS NOT !!!😡😡

14256 isn’t even your post so I am guessing you meant 12457. Either way, none of that is “exactly what I said”. You are in big support of “lay people” injecting their opinions. I’m saying it’s dangerous and there is more than enough examples to show why. Such as vaccine misinformation. So no, we are not saying the same thing or in agreement in any way.
But that’s only your lay opinion 🤷‍♂️😳

Status
Not open for further replies.