Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh

I suppose it was only a matter of time the way things have been going.

View attachment 928340
I have the feeling that FOX has probably had this in the bag (not done, but planned) for some time now. They knew what the schedule for the Dominion trial was going to be and for next week I’m sure that FOX would really love to have some counter programming to hold viewers attention and even possibly DRAW viewers.. For everyone here who does NOT watch Tuckers show I am CERTAIN that many WILL watch some potion of it due to our interest in Tesla, Musk, some element of climate politics, Twitter, etc. and the possible market moving info that could come out. Although, with earrings at the end of the week EM will have to be VERY careful.

Overall, it will probably land as one of the shows most watched episodes. (Which will make the OI livid!). It’s already one of the most watched shows on TV as it is.

But here’s the question I have. Wouldn’t that side of the media landscape consider Tesla WOKE!? And haven’t they been trying to sell that narrative to their uniformed audience for the past few years?

Last edited:
This may come as a shock to folks in this thread and Tesla fans in general but not every Tesla fan, automobile owner and stock owner shares the worldview of those lamenting Musk's perceived shift in political framework. Why some of us support Tesla & Musk even though he admittedly voted for the disastrous Biden administration.
I think I'll watch the Tucker show Monday for entertainment.

I have the feeling that FOX has probably had this in the bag (not done, but planned) for some time now. They knew what the schedule for the Dominion trial was going to be and for next week I’m sure that FOX would really love to have some counter programming to hold viewers attention and even possibly DRAW viewers.. For everyone here who does NOT watch Tuckers show I am CERTAIN that many WILL watch some potion of it due to our interest in Tesla, Musk, some element of climate politics, Twitter, etc. and the possible market moving info that could come out. Although, with earrings at the end of the week EM will have to be VERY careful.

Overall, it will probably land as one of the shows most watched episodes. (Which will make the OI livid!). It’s already one of the most watched shows on TV as it is.

But here’s the question I have. Wouldn’t that side of the media landscape consider Tesla WOKE!? And haven’t they been trying to sell that narrative to their uniformed audience for the past few years?
They’re willing to overlook minor problems like the fact you make EVs if you’ll crack the whip on libs and people will darker skin etc.
It’s not about rationality, coherence etc, it’s just tribalism.
Attacking truths about global warming are pretty far down the Tucker priority list, well behind race and guns.

I'll watch Tucker's show for the first time just to see what Elon says. Best case scenario- he steers the conversation away from the culture war BS, and talks mostly about the upcoming Starship launch and things topical to Tesla and SpaceX. But more likely that Tucker will bait him into dumping all over NPR, PBS, BBC, libs etc. Could be an event horizon moment.

This may come as a shock to folks in this thread and Tesla fans in general but not every Tesla fan, automobile owner and stock owner shares the worldview of those lamenting Musk's perceived shift in political framework. Why some of us support Tesla & Musk even though he admittedly voted for the disastrous Biden administration.
I think I'll watch the Tucker show Monday for entertainment.

Sure. Why not. Tucker is one of the finest actors of our time. Night after night he lies to an audience he despises with guests that he hates more than any of us do. There's a sick desperation in his laugh, I think it's the result of the cognitive dissonance he endures for a paycheck.

In a way I feel sorry for him. This job must be crushing him.

Twitter Is Broken. Thanks, Elon. https://nyti.ms/409Yvl5

About six months ago, Elon Musk bought your favorite neighborhood bar. Then he fired veteran bouncers and bartenders, tried to stiff the landlord and at least one vendor, and demanded that regulars pay a cover charge. He’s frequently struggled to serve his customers, yet he’s penalized them for mentioning the competition. He’s tamped down the revelry in general, really — a lot of conversation at his watering hole has been drowned out by Musk’s own never-ending stage act, which consists mainly of him yelling dad jokes at customers through a bullhorn. Pour one out for Twitter, then. I’d been open to Musk’s purchase of the social network, but half a year in, it’s been an unmitigated disaster. Musk moved fast and broke nearly everything — the speed and totality with which he’s ruined the site has been almost impressive. By Musk’s own reckoning, the company is now worth less than half of what he paid for it. It has lost many large advertisers, most of its employees and, with them, much of its functionality.

But as a person who wants to live in a just world with friendly people and nice things, I’m not altogether broken up about Twitter’s decline. As I’ve argued before, Twitter has been a font of misinformation, an accelerant to polarization and a contributor to cultural groupthink. Just before Musk’s takeover, my colleague Michelle Goldberg, worrying about similar problems, hoped for a quick, spectacular flameout: “If Musk makes Twitter awful enough,” she wrote, “users will flee, and it will become less relevant.”Well, it looks like Michelle got her wish. Stick a fork in it, Elon: Twitter is done.

Tucker Carlson's show is the highest-rated evening show on mainstream media channels. By a long shot. EM is simply addressing the largest number of Americans with his time. It's nothing to do with party politics. No doubt it will be about free speech, not Tesla 🤣

Saying "yer automatically a right-wing extremist if you go on that show" does not look very intelligent when consider that Glenn Greenwald is on the show frequently, and EM responds positively to Glenn's tweets - frequently. Trying to pidgeonhole EM into the one-dimensional, right-left political spectrum concept is a waste of time.

It can also be argued that positive EM coverage on Fox News TV prevents Tesla gaining a negative reputation amongst those viewers
Since I was reminded about the investor thread, I'm quoting you here.

I find it odd/funny that Elon goes on and on and on about Twitter's platform regarding politics, yet he's going to go on a network that helped create Jan.6th and the almost downfall of democracy. It's not about the specific topics, but how ironic all of this is.

Have you missed Elon's repeated Twitter rantings about "woke" being the biggest threat to humanity? Tucker will say something about woke, Elon will take the bait and go off the rails, and Tucker will do his unhinged high pitched laugh that he always uses when something isn't actually funny. I hope I'm wrong but I'll be extremely surprised if that doesn't happen almost exactly as described.

Have you missed Elon's repeated Twitter rantings about "woke" being the biggest threat to humanity? Tucker will say something about woke, Elon will take the bait and go off the rails, and Tucker will do his unhinged high pitched laugh that he always uses when something isn't actually funny. I hope I'm wrong but I'll be extremely surprised if that doesn't happen almost exactly as described.
But, the bigger question is:

Should it go on the Bingo card? Buhdumpdump

• Funny
Reactions: mspohr
A janitor cleans up messes and they definitely don't create new ones.
Unless they have special needs, like jonesing on the limelight. Musk feels he'll evaporate the instant he isn't the center of attention. He's a smart guy who made an idiotic decision buying Twitter and won't be able to forgive himself until he acknowledges his mistake -- which he is too insecure and childish to do. Musk has sabotaged himself!

Status
Not open for further replies.