Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to go back to the days where, in response to a question, he would look up to the sky, at a slight angle, and you just knew that something crazy was going to come out of his mouth. Something like: yeah, we should make a cybertruck, or we will get to mars early next year.

Because there's good crazy and there's bad crazy, and we want our boy genius back with the good crazy...

I just want to go back to the days where, in response to a question, he would look up to the sky, at a slight angle, and you just knew that something crazy was going to come out of his mouth. Something like: yeah, we should make a cybertruck, or we will get to mars early next year.

Because there's good crazy and there's bad crazy, and we want our boy genius back with the good crazy...
No kidding, but what are you going to do?

Trolling the libs, which is all Tucker Carlson does every show, doesn't work for the Fox audience unless its mean spirited.

If you want to have a joke or two at the expense of extreme liberalism just start streaming episodes of Portlandia until you've laughed yourself sick.

I found, for example, the one about the couple who called a "humane exterminator" who showed up with an ant in a bottle, and claimed this ant was going to "talk it over" with all the other ants and get them to leave, (only for the humane exterminator to actually be a guy who cases houses for robberies) hilarious.

But Portlandia merely illustrates the humor in extreme liberalism, like all good comedy, it knows the line between funny and mean, and stays on the funny side.

Modern conservative lib owning requires meanness. I don't know how it got that far, but there it is.

I still think Elon and others don't actually realize the power of reach that they have. (Or maybe they do but they don't care?) The rush to own is such an addictive drug to some. One day it's going to cause a lot more serious consequences for someone.

edit: and of course nuance. with the longer tweets feature Elon should make better use of that, but feels like that may require a lot more time to type something out a little more thoughtful...

Last edited:
Reactions: advocate8
Related:

Also my web site Twitter feed, which is all I occasionally use, now that I got rid of the app (which removed notifications for these warnings, but I have other channels), which had remained fairly ad free, is now inundated with ads. Basically the following feed is much less useful now.

A shame, but life goes on. Looks like most of the people I used to follow are moving to Substack and other places. Not sure what gov’t accounts will do but I assume a replacement will emerge soon.

Twitter looks like it might be withering though, since this removal of automated tweets dramatically reduces the value of the platform. We’ll see. I don’t care anymore.

Just part of the creative destructive cycles of capitalism!

Twitter looks like it might be withering though, since this removal of automated tweets dramatically reduces the value of the platform. We’ll see. I don’t care anymore.

Just part of the creative destructive cycles of capitalism!

I think so far Twitter has proved to be a bit more resilient than some have anticipated (recall people saying Twitter was going to collaspe from lack of maintenance and infrastructure changes). I do not think any one change (including this one) is going to kill off the platform. Rather, if it does, it will be an accumulation of changes and faults that ultimately will doom Twitter. These changes are another item to add onto the stack. edit: of course this could be very well the thing that kicks it off, though it will take some time to manifest itself...

What's for sure is that the next few months are going to be interesting and won't be short of fireworks for sure...

But what is happening for sure is that Twitter continues to be a distraction for Elon. And while I think any hate from Elon's actions so far hasn't had a material impact on Tesla, I think that the same principle could be applied there as well, in that it won't be any one singular event that could hurt Tesla, but stuff building up over time...

I think so far Twitter has proved to be a bit more resilient than some have anticipated (recall people saying Twitter was going to collaspe from lack of maintenance and infrastructure changes). I do not think any one change (including this one) is going to kill off the platform. Rather, if it does, it will be an accumulation of changes and faults that ultimately will doom Twitter. These changes are another item to add onto the stack. edit: of course this could be very well the thing that kicks it off, though it will take some time to manifest itself...

What's for sure is that the next few months are going to be interesting and won't be short of fireworks for sure...

But what is happening for sure is that Twitter continues to be a distraction for Elon. And while I think any hate from Elon's actions so far hasn't had a material impact on Tesla, I think that the same principle could be applied there as well, in that it won't be any one singular event that could hurt Tesla, but stuff building up over time...
Death by a thousand cuts.

• Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke and JRP3
I see all the usual suspects crapping all over Elon as usual, but no one thought to post or discuss Elon's remarkable exchange with a BBC reporter from earlier this week?

I believe Elon said he is going to do interviews with the far left, far right and so called "moderate" reporters over the coming weeks.

That is a good thing and helps us all get out of our echo chamber media bubbles.

Musk will probably play the role of "I've been a liberal for much of my life but I can't stand what they've become".

Well - it has the benefit of being true.

The Left have adopted some VERY extreme positions in the last few years.

Trump sucked all the oxygen out of the room which provided a convenient shield for some of the extreme Left's ideas (i.e. defund the police) to become mainstream in the party without much scrutiny or pushback from Moderate Democrats.

Now we are seeing the results of these terrible policies (massive crime, drugs and homelessness in our once beautiful cities) and some moderate Liberals (like Musk) are noticing.

I see all the usual suspects crapping all over Elon as usual, but no one thought to post or discuss Elon's remarkable exchange with a BBC reporter from earlier this week?

I believe Elon said he is going to do interviews with the far left, far right and so called "moderate" reporters over the coming weeks.

That is a good thing and helps us all get out of our echo chamber media bubbles.

There already was a post with the same clip that you posted, and a few replies to it. I don't think anyone posted a link to the full interview, though. (I was looking for that but didn't spend a lot of time searching).

That exchange doesn't seem "remarkable" to me since it just means that the reporter obviously came unprepared to back up his claim.

Reactions: Ipcress and JRP3
Status
Not open for further replies.