Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon you're weird, I'm weird. So....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found the thread on reservation numbers and who gets their truck when based on what to be pleasant reading as I watch the last of the NFL games this year.
And it has been pointed out that it is NOT when someone ordered that locks in their delivery rate. Maybe it is and all the crap I read was just bullshit generated from your half-utterances and the net being the net...and people people. But someone posted you will give the people in Cali their trucks first. So if that is true the guy in Alabama that plunked down his hundred first could be the 50,000 person to get a truck, And likely the 250,000 person if he order the cheaper truck.
So you got your reasons, you can give out the trucks to anyone anytime anywhere.
Now the weird part.... you got some weirdness, so maybe if I catch you right, you know the "right" I mean. Rogan right....
Some old codger pre-ordered one even though he said he might die before he gets his, and I looked at his pick and can't figure out whether he will or he won't. So maybe you could get his truck to him FIRST.... it'd be cooler than getting all the Cali assholes a truck first because they live in a damn state with beautiful weather. You might be that cool. I know you want to be...and you can. Think about it.... making sure the old get to drive the new before they can't (because they are dead. Your fully-auto drive system will make it easy for anyone to be able to "drive" anywhere eventually...even the dead. Ok I am going a little weird here.)
Now before I seem like I got a dog in this fight I do and I don't. I am an old fart, but I got a truck that is good for another 4 years easy. A 2008 Dodge Ram Hemi that gets less than 15mph. I bought it when gas was $4/gallon because it made me giggle when I pushed down on the gas pedal. And I got it for $24,000, which was about $10 grand of the sticker back then. I could buy alot of gas for $10 grand. And the last bit of info on my truck purchase back then, I told everyone it was my last "driving" vehicle. That my next vehicle would drive itself. And you are going to make me look like a genius back in 2009. I don't need the Cybertruck for another four years. But still the old farts that are about to die should get a Tesla treat before they go... just for the warm giggle it will give them, and YOU.
Now I gotta start another "Weird Elon thread for the other group you might adjust upward (or downward) in the line...

yes I did order one. But I am trying to time my delivery. I ordered the 2 motor, and expect it to not be ready for about 4 yrs because it goes in to production 2nd behind the 3 motor vehicle. And there are A LOT of 3 motor vehicles. Next month I'm doing the 100k tune-up on my 2008 Dodge Big horn P-up. I've only got 80 something thousand on it, but it is 12 yrs old. I expect that tune up to be its last...for me. When I bought it gas was $4/gallon. I got it at such a low price I did the math and even with the increase in gas it was going to be more affordable over time compared to a small truck.
EDIT: And when I got it I told all my friends (12 yrs ago all the way up to now), "My next vehicle will drive itself."

Eh, the fly in that ointment is...you don't know when you'll be "about to die old." I'm 73. I could croak a couple minutes from now. So...first dibs.
If the Big E puts me in charge of bumping people up in line, once verified you would get a nudge towards the front. I'm 63, and 73 is old.
EDIT: You'll be 75 before they start spitting them out. Clearly you will be one of the eldest people actually pre-ordering this monstrosity (as that is what it looks like to most 70+ yr olds.)

I approve of giving preference to certain groups like this. In theory.

But I don't think they are trying to make it up to Californians for the M3 year-end fiasco. They want all Cybertrucks close to the factory at first in case anything goes wrong. You might think of it as rolling out trained service personnel as the trucks roll out, rather than Tesla limiting who gets one first.

If the Big E puts me in charge of bumping people up in line, once verified you would get a nudge towards the front. I'm 63, and 73 is old.
EDIT: You'll be 75 before they start spitting them out. Clearly you will be one of the eldest people actually pre-ordering this monstrosity (as that is what it looks like to most 70+ yr olds.)
How else am I gonna convince fellow geezers and young ladies that I'm cool? ;)