Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yeah yeah... so you got the Foundation Invite...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay.. Yeah so you got the Foundation invite, and you are "Not Sure" if it makes financial sense.. and "hey.. maybe I can sell my spot.." or "sell the truck by flipping".

So I am gonna tell you a few things and hopefully you will find this helpful:
1) The current luxury car market is F*****G dead, Rivian, MBZ, BMW, etc, can't move their $100K+ cars and there are huge factory-to-dealer incentives out there (fact check me by Google). Resale value dropping faster than Rolex.
2) As with anything in life, if you "need to think about it" or "have a debate.." about it .. then DON'T DO IT!! For lack of a better word.. you can't afford it.
3) There is NO VALUE in the long run for a "founder edition" in cars. Its a Freaking car.. much like an iPhone. It will be obsolete in a few years, even if its the red iPhone. So please don't try to justify a depreciating asset as an "investment".

If you find yourself in this dilemma, just pass.. You've waited for 4 yrs, another 18~24 months is still doable.

There! I have my Nomex suits on so please go ahead with your flames 🙃

Cheers!

beewang

If you were offered the option of getting a Cybertruck right now beewang, would you get it?

No car is an investment. I am getting the Cybertruck Foundation Series for a few reasons. #1 is that I don't have faith that this will be a high production vehicle for YEARS! If I don't get it at $100,000, I may not get an opportunity until 2026. I am paying for the WOW factor of having this early and I understand that. #2 is that my neighbor hates Tesla and I want them to look at the car in my driveway every day. They are a PITA and that alone is worth $20,000 for me. #3 I don't care about money. YOLO and this is a car I fell in love with during the event.

It makes more sense for business owners to buy the Foundation series as it’s definitely a write off depending on how it’s used. I plan on using mine for what it does best, pure marketing.
Business owners can write of any vehicle used for business commute to business delivery. Especially truck/suv over 6k pounds in gross weight. I know many people with convenience stores driving around in a Jaguar F pace to MB suvs. The vehicle must weight more than 6k in weight for federal incentive for write off.