Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Email from Tesla? - Action Required for Personal Contract Purchase Direct Debit mandate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got my new car in December. One of the March orders, so DD and finance all in place since then. But I keep getting emails telling me there is no active DD mandate and when I look on my app it shows "DD waiting verification" with £0.00 payment for X Date. The date changes - I'm assuming there testing the account. However there is a DD set up in my bank account. Anyone recent the app has changed to the first payment amount and the payment date 8th Jan. But still says pending verification. And I still get emails from tesla and the DD company they use telling me there is no DD mandate set up on my account.

Tesla have finally got back to me to tell me to cancel and set up a new one but this can take 5 - 10 days so to wire the first payment.

I'm pretty sure the mandate is set up and because they have not taken any payment yet thats whats causing the issue.

Anyone else had any experience of this or in the same boat.

I have literally just posted about the same issue. It’s not as easy as just ‘getting hold of tesla’. I’ve sent 7 emails, left 3 voicemails, emailed the tesla sales advisor, set up another direct debit with same bank details, so now there’s 2 DD awaiting verification, confirmed with my bank that the direct debits are live (which they are) and I still keep getting system generated emails telling me there’s no direct debit in place for my agreement. Nobody is picking up the phone at tesla financial services, nobody is responding to emails. It’s infuriating and seems to be no solution

Getting the same issue. Received an email from Tesla saying action is needed there is no DD mandate or something like that. Already have entered bank details and it is stuck on pending. I guess we just need to get hold of someone from Tesla's finance team to sort this out.

No. Not resolved. Another email from TFS telling me I’ve got no DD set up. Still pending. I’ve eventually received an email from TFS (after weeks of sending emails and leaving voicemails), telling me they will speak to their team to try and resolve! I’m loathed to set up another DD, as then there will be 2! Never experienced such ridiculous issues for something so simple as a direct debit payment

I emailed about a week and a half ago, and received a response on Wednesday asking me to set up another DD as it had been over 2 weeks since I last added one, which hadn't verified.

I reluctantly set it up, thinking 'here we go again'. To my surprise, that evening I got an email saying a new payment method had been added to my Tesla account. I looked in the app, and sure enough 'Pending verification' has disappeared next to my BACS account, so happy days.

Now I just hope that come the 1st Feb, it's actually going to work :D