Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Emblem decals (F, R, Dual Motor) in black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why on earth would you want to do that?

No particular reason. I plan to de-badge the car completely to detail the car including PPF wrap. Since I'm going to de-badge + chrome delete to gloss black. I prefer my emblems to be black for consistency purpose, but I've yet to find a quality black emblems to my standard so I rather just use a vinyl.

If I can't find a quality one I'll just keep it badge-less.

No particular reason. I plan to de-badge the car completely to detail the car including PPF wrap. Since I'm going to de-badge + chrome delete to gloss black. I prefer my emblems to be black for consistency purpose, but I've yet to find a quality black emblems to my standard so I rather just use a vinyl.

If I can't find a quality one I'll just keep it badge-less.
Fair enough. I’ve always found badge-less to look best. Modifying or adding badging always seems to turn out tacky.

Reactions: moojimmy
Sometimes people need a gut check from the community before they do something stupid to their car. Kind of like if your co-worker was talking about styling his mustache in a way that happened to be a little too Hitler-esque. You would do them a solid and let them know.

there is a difference between “where can I get a beard trimmer to do this” and “what do you think if I do this”. Either way I think the vinyl stickers look great on the Mopars, and could be pulled off on the 3.

there is a difference between “where can I get a beard trimmer to do this” and “what do you think if I do this”.
Sometimes you have to save people from themselves though.

Other makes that can pull off decals often have some storied racing or well-known older factory trim tied to them. Something Tesla doesn’t have.

But, if you get it done be sure to post pics. I’ll eat my words if it turns out half way decent looking.

Reactions: adrianp89