Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enable new Full self drive software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought Full Self Drive for my Tesla Model S in 2016. I've been using beta autopilot, but the new screens I've seen on the internet look nothing like mine. I never applied for the beta version that requires a score. I don't even know my score.

Finally I have V11. FSD is suppose to be available now for all that bought FSD. Going to the Autopilot menu I don't see anything that would turn on the V11 FSD. Can anyone help me with this?

I bought Full Self Drive for my Tesla Model S in 2016. I've been using beta autopilot, but the new screens I've seen on the internet look nothing like mine. I never applied for the beta version that requires a score. I don't even know my score.

Finally I have V11. FSD is suppose to be available now for all that bought FSD. Going to the Autopilot menu I don't see anything that would turn on the V11 FSD. Can anyone help me with this?
You have V11 software, not V11 FSD. You need to go to the autopilot menu and select full self drive beta.....you will be added to the queue and should likely receive FSD beta before the end of the year. Not sure if they are still doing safety scores.

Reactions: Joboo7777
I bought Full Self Drive for my Tesla Model S in 2016...
Paid FSD fully in 2016 is just the beginning.

Make sure you pay more to upgrade your MCU1 to MCU2 (central display).

Make sure you get the free Self Driving Computer (HW3).

Make sure you get 7 newer cameras (the rearview camera is fine).

I imagine that after you did all that, there should be an FSD beta request in the Autopilot menu but this time, you don't have to pass the Safety Score anymore because it is a wide release.

Reactions: Sunshine Speed
Paid FSD fully in 2016 is just the beginning.

Make sure you pay more to upgrade your MCU1 to MCU2 (central display).

Make sure you get the free Self Driving Computer (HW3).

Make sure you get 7 newer cameras (the rearview camera is fine).

I imagine that after you did all that, there should be an FSD beta request in the Autopilot menu but this time, you don't have to pass the Safety Score anymore because it is a wide release.
I had my hardware upgraded once for free. That was a free upgrade due to my FSD purchase. Maybe HW2? Otherwise I got what was provided at the end of 2016. I don't believe I have MCU2, but I thought that was not required for FSD. I would not be happy if told I needed to buy something else to get FSD I paid for in 2016. Already not happy I have waited this long, after Elon promised FSD coast to coast in 2017, then 2018, then 2019 (I think he stopped after that).

You have V11 software, not V11 FSD. You need to go to the autopilot menu and select full self drive beta.....you will be added to the queue and should likely receive FSD beta before the end of the year. Not sure if they are still doing safety scores.
I've checked the autopilot menu. I've had FSD beta selected for a LONG time. At some point years ago, Tesla came out with what I would call their Beta Beta which depended on driving scoring. and signup I don't have that. So I'm using the not so advanced FSD. Dangerous (Phantom breaking, problems with merging traffic, etc.) so I don't use it often.

I didn't know there is a V11 and a V11 FSD. Just read Elon released a version so that now EVERYONE that bought FSD should be able to use it. I have 2022.8.10.6.

I've checked the autopilot menu. I've had FSD beta selected for a LONG time. At some point years ago, Tesla came out with what I would call their Beta Beta which depended on driving scoring. and signup I don't have that. So I'm using the not so advanced FSD. Dangerous (Phantom breaking, problems with merging traffic, etc.) so I don't use it often.

I didn't know there is a V11 and a V11 FSD. Just read Elon released a version so that now EVERYONE that bought FSD should be able to use it. I have 2022.8.10.6.
There was/is one beta. It used to require a score. Now it doesn’t if you have the correct equipment and software. Your software version is not the correct version for the latest FSD beta. So I don’t think you would get it on the current software you have. You very well may be limited by the old hardware, but I don’t have enough info to say.

I had my hardware upgraded once for free. That was a free upgrade due to my FSD purchase. Maybe HW2? Otherwise I got what was provided at the end of 2016. I don't believe I have MCU2, but I thought that was not required for FSD. I would not be happy if told I needed to buy something else to get FSD I paid for in 2016. Already not happy I have waited this long, after Elon promised FSD coast to coast in 2017, then 2018, then 2019 (I think he stopped after that).
You won't be getting anything anytime soon unless you pay for the infotainment upgrade and then schedule a service appointment to have your cameras upgraded.

right now, that's the only way.

Latest update. Mobile service guy tells me I need a camera upgrade and there should not be a cost. He told me they are now doing many of them.

When I ask service via the app they told me the camera update is not currently available. I do remember with the HW2 update Tesla was not proactive in reaching out to me. I had to put in a service request, which I got promptly for free. Perhaps I need to do that for the camera update.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Latest update. Mobile service guy tells me I need a camera upgrade and there should not be a cost. He told me they are now doing many of them.

When I ask service via the app they told me the camera update is not currently available. I do remember with the HW2 update Tesla was not proactive in reaching out to me. I had to put in a service request, which I got promptly for free. Perhaps I need to do that for the camera update.

Once again: unless you have paid to upgrade your infotainment computer, there is no FSD beta software available for you at this time. It doesn’t exist.

To my knowledge Tesla isn’t inviting people with MCU1 for camera upgrades yet because it won’t actually do you any good. When you’re eligible, you’ll get a message in your app inbox like this:

BA64BBFE-5DD6-48E8-895B-B69128FC5E80.jpeg

You won't be getting anything anytime soon unless you pay for the infotainment upgrade and then schedule a service appointment to have your cameras upgraded.

right now, that's the only way.

Reactions: Sunshine Speed