TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Energy Widget Caution Icon?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by shonline, May 12, 2016.

1. shonline

shonline Member

I've been searching high and low for this. I bet I missed it - which I'm sure will be pointed out :)

A couple of times I have seen the yellow triangle with exclamation point at the bottom, and on one occasion, at the top of the widget. I was on AP at a reasonable speed (like 60-65) when the top one occurred, pressed the accelerator and it went away. I thought this was odd. It has not happened since.

I know what the dashed lines mean, but not these icons.

Anyone have anything to share on these?

Thanks!

2. BobV

BobV Member

I, too, in the past couple of weeks saw the yellow triangle, with no dashed lines, on the top end during a road trip. It was boring interstate driving at normal SoC, but I'd been at it for several hours that day with a couple of supercharger stops. It turned on and off a couple of times, but since nothing else odd seemed to be happening, I just chalked it up to some kind of minor disagreement between limits displayed the instrumentation and the actual behavior of the battery- or thermal-management system.

3. mblakele

mblakele radial cross member

I have seen that happen exactly once, about a month ago. I have no idea what it was trying to warn me about.

4. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

I saw it last week after doing a range charge. My assumption is that it was warning me that regen was limited. But this doesn't seem to be what is happening in your case.

5. shonline

shonline Member

I think the bottom one would indicate regen issues - the top one is a mystery. Really odd no documentation to be found... (or at least, easily found)

6. Cebe

Cebe Member

The triangle warns you that you can't extract as much power, or, on the regen side, regenerate as much. So, if you "floor it", and you have a yellow triangle on top, you won't get as much power as when you floor it without that triangle. Low state of charge will do it, battery temperature would do it - I had it happen a while ago after a multi-hour interstate, just stop for supercharging drive...