Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced autopilot (EAP) is upgrade to FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After trialing it for the last two days and giving it a real good test I am requesting a refund. Here are my thoughts:
  1. Self parking parallel: Works quite well but is sometimes too slow, there seemed to be a knack to it when lining up with the spot. I would pay $500 for this maximum. A little bit of insurance against wheel rash.
  2. Summon: tried it twice and it was sketchy. Not something I would use at all so zero value to me.
  3. NOA: Well this was a little weird for me. Didn't seem to do anything but try to rip the wheel out of my hands when exiting freeways and actually tried to re-enter several times too, much to my shock. The following cars would have gotten a fright or just shaken heads of the bad Tesla driver!. I was probably doing something wrong but it was at best sketchy. Zero value.
  4. Automatic lane changing: This is where it gets interesting. I liked this feature very much when user prompt was required and not when it could do as it pleased. The latter was crazy with lane changing for no reason and it again would have driven following vehicles crazy. It also didn't speed up quite fast enough when entering the 'fast' lane. Was tailgated extensively. When I had control and it wanted confirmation for lane changing it behaved and I could ignore any of the requests that were marginal or of no use. I could see where this would be of great benefit for me and others if driving freeways as it did make it easier to relax and not worry so much about checking mirrors more than just a glance. You do have to trust the tech but hey that is the same for autopilot anyway. I would buy just this option for $1000. It should also be noted that when in standard autopilot (two blue lines not one solid as NOA) on a dual carriageway any lane change with a full engagement of the turn signal would give automatic lane change. It was also quite brutal and sharp as I guess the lower speeds on these roads as compared to freeways shows the steering strength. It was not the best and could do with a tweak which I guess will come seeing all this is beta.
Refund incoming. Hopefully one day we can get to pick and choose package requirements.