Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot inventory car - FSD before or after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a car with Enhanced Autopilot. No FSD was available at its build date.
I have not taken delivery yet.

Enhanced Autopilot includes Advanced Summon and Drive on Nav etc. the Good S&#$ available today or in the near future.

If all things are equal; MCU 3 upgrade included for 4k etc. - I'd rather upgrade later . Eating the 1k. But purchasing when its ready and possibly when 3.1 hardware or better is available.

Is there any reason to pay for FSD before delivery? other than the 1k difference?

My concern is outdated tech replacement or additional costs over 1k. for hardware or anything else.

Thoughts?

Get FSD before delivery or roll dice?

I bought a 2018 S as new, including Enhanced Autopilot with was $5K. It seems you're in the same position. Why would you want to upgrade to FSD? For the future roadmap of full city driving? With Enhanced Autopilot, I'm happy with the Advanced Summon, Navigate, Park, and Autosteer.

Reactions: GeoX750
It's really simple: never buy software from Tesla that you cannot use today.

If you see it, like it, buy it.

Otherwise, nope! Do not let your cash hit the counter.

In old days, dealerships used to try and sell you all kinds of crap before you walked out the door... car mats, anti-rust spray, window glass VIN etching, locking wheel nuts... Now they try to sell software that doesn't exist yet.

Just purchased a 2019 Model S Extended Range - how can you tell what hardware version is installed on the car? Car was built in February of 2019. I don't see any information of it on any documentation I received. This was new inventory.
You have 2.5 hardware. If you order FSD then they will update it to 3.0 free of charge later. It’s just computer swap no change in cameras.

You have 2.5 hardware. If you order FSD then they will update it to 3.0 free of charge later. It’s just computer swap no change in cameras.
Then that would mean that the 3.0 will be free as the car was ordered with Enhanced Auto Pilot before Feb 28th and took delivery after Feb 28th of this year according to what I see with the documents that are posted from Tesla regarding EAP and FSD upgrade.

Reactions: nio796