Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Entry & Exit into Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Due to a recent left hip problem, I don't get into my S the usual way. I plop myself on the seat while facing away from the car, then I tuck my head (I'm six feet), lean back a bit (head barely clears), bring my legs inside, then rotate 90 degrees to the driving position. I hit the gym and go lap swimming a lot so no belly to deal with in my old age (73). Give it a shot, see if it works any better.

That was the method I was taught to use when I was pregnant with hip problems. +1 to giving it a try if not yet attempted.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Due to a recent left hip problem, I don't get into my S the usual way. I plop myself on the seat while facing away from the car, then I tuck my head (I'm six feet), lean back a bit (head barely clears), bring my legs inside, then rotate 90 degrees to the driving position. I hit the gym and go lap swimming a lot so no belly to deal with in my old age (73). Give it a shot, see if it works any better.

I'm 6' 4" and mostly legs. I found this way works for me too.

As for Easy Entry, I had to find a compromise setting. If I move the seat all the way back, the B pillar gets in the way. Add to that my 5'1" wife wasn't able to reach the brake pedal to activate her profile, and so I needed to have Easy Entry moved forward a bit. I think I raised the seat too so it didn't feel like I was pulling myself up out of a hole in the ground, I just have to remember not to hit my head on the door jamb.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I rented a Model S for a few days and could never find a good way to get in/out gracefully. Maybe owners get the knack of it, but I always felt the issue was the B pillar. It's like you're doing gymnastics to get around that to get in the seat, plus not whack your head on the roof. At 6'2" and a "big boned" 275, the 3 works better for me, but it will never be as good as a CUV or hatch. That's one of the very few ways in which my Leaf is better for me, but I got the 3 despite the fact it's a sedan.

You sorta fall butt-first into an S. Reverse procedure to get out.