Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Erratic Center Screen Operation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Without warning our Model S center screen disappeared while we were on a long trip last week. Rebooting did not bring it back. Called Tesla who said if driver screen still worked, continue on the trip. However the AC, radio, auto seat position, etc. no longer work. Important for the AC as we're getting to hot weather time and boring without sound.

Then, day later tried rebooting again which brought the center screen back. Worked for ~2 days. Because Tesla emergency help said we were behind in software update and we're now back home, this AM I tried to reboot into doing a software update. Instead, the center screen has disappeared again and again now I can't get it back.

So, the screen works erratically but something is shutting it off. Also the car initially shuts off and won't start for a minute or two. Ideas??

New to TMC and Tesla (week 2). Similar issue with my newly purchased CPO 2015 MS 90D, 12.1.1 but important add to the issue; when my screen finally reboots (only after parking) ALL memory on the car is gone; GPS thinks it Is in Palo Alto,CA, all radio stations are gone, seat memory, charge settings, home link, WiFi, name it and it is gone. Tried soft reboots (both screens), hard reboot, turning the car off. I was hoping it was 12.1.1 and would be fixed with 1.2. I sent a message to support yesterday, waiting on a response. Frustrating first EV experience..car is a pleasure to drive, when this is not happening.

Just recieved 12.1.2 and completed upload. When it was done I noticed that once again, all my saved settings are gone and the car GPS is back at Tesla HQ in Palo Alto, CA! Is this normal for an update? Start over with all the programmed preference? Home link, wifi, charge rate and time, seats, mobile app, auto pilot, security, summon, cruise speed +/-, grrr. This is the fourth time in two weeks.