Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

error 271 after broken service plug handle or A/C service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I did A/C service today with friend, we found leak and repaired....

Than I wanted to reset car and remove service plug. Unfortunately handle on plug broke in half. I though it will not matter, unfortunately when i turned car on (plug 12v fuse back and turn off inhibition) i got error 271. Plug cant be moved at all even with pliers....

Solution in service codes is to remove servis plug and reset car this way.

My questions are:

Is there any way than removing sevice plug to clear error 271?

We were moving 400v controller little to reach dehydrator of A/C, All cables we checked and there is nohing loose. Is error 271 because broke handle on service plug or something during A/C service?

Is there guide how to replace service plug?

Big problem is that car cant select gear now:-( so no neutral....

yea, it was it. I ordered new plug.

But question remains, how to get plug out? we lubed it and some plastic is already falling off plug when pulled by pliers. Any ideas? It seems like plug is electricaly welded to the other part....

Here are pictures of how it looks. Mine was also broken one one side (In the 2 top pictures you can se that the oval axel in the center hole is missing one one side). The lever easy gets bent and broken when one tries to take it out from the trunk. I ordered a new plug when I discovered that mine was broken on one side. Cost was 200$ in Sweden.

The lever on the serviceplug has to be raised so the small round pins pushes the serviceplug out. And when put back in it can be good to use a thin wooden stick to push the serviceplug inward carefully. If you only use the lever to get it in final position it put extra strain on the axels/pins.

1) You have to see to that the remainings of the lever is raised so the round axels moves to unlock position
2) Then you should be able to use a long plyer to get a grip in the edges to get it out. Otherwise you might be able to use a lockingplier that pushes outwards to the side when you press the hadles.

IMG_0234.JPG
ts extra strain on service plugs axels
IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG
IMG_0232.JPG

it was easy to get, tesla delivered in about week, part number

ASSY, SERVICE DISCONNECT PLUG
2003292 $0.00 1

bad side is price, it was about 180USD.

Other think is that tempered plug is still in, car is fine, but I will have to remove it eventualy, a lot of stuff in plug is already damaged from pulling with pliers... ill probably try to get some camera on wire to check those holes for pins, it seems like impossible to remove the plug even with pliers...

done some research: only the very first Smart ev's had the Tesla-pack with the same service disconnect as the Roadster. The actual available Smart ED (451 and following) uses a different pack with completely different disconnect-plug, so if you order one from Smart (or Merc) it'll be different, unfortunately...