Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error CP_a051

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody else had this error since the 2022.40.4.1 update?
Just wondering if it's a software issue or one I need Tesla to look at

CP_a051Charge port may not open when pressed. Use another method to open the charge port​

One of the charge port door sensors is not communicating properly. This may cause the charge port to not recognize the request to open when the charge port door is pressed.

You can still use all other usual methods to open the charge port door:

• Request that the charge port door open using your vehicle touchscreen.
  • Request that the charge port door open using your Tesla Mobile App.
  • With your vehicle unlocked, press the charge handle button on any Tesla charge cable, including a Wall Connector, Mobile Connector, or Supercharger.
  • Hold and press the trunk button on your key fob.

(I've got access to Google ;) )

Reactions: ACarneiro

CP_a051Charge port may not open when pressed. Use another method to open the charge port​

One of the charge port door sensors is not communicating properly. This may cause the charge port to not recognize the request to open when the charge port door is pressed.

You can still use all other usual methods to open the charge port door:

• Request that the charge port door open using your vehicle touchscreen.
  • Request that the charge port door open using your Tesla Mobile App.
  • With your vehicle unlocked, press the charge handle button on any Tesla charge cable, including a Wall Connector, Mobile Connector, or Supercharger.
  • Hold and press the trunk button on your key fob.

(I've got access to Google ;) )
Thanks, so do i... my question was has anybody else had this error since the 2022.40.4.1 update, as that's when I got the error

Reactions: VipinLJ
I got the same error. '22 M3LR currently on 2022.44.2. At first I did not pay attention to it but decided to look into it a couple of days later. Sure enough, the port didn't open when I pressed on it. As I usually use the button on the charger to open the port, it does not really bother me.
Scheduled mobile service for next week and received the Invoice today. Decided to give it a try today and it worked fine🤷‍♂️. Since it might be an intermittent issue I'm keeping the appointment.
What I found interesting is the O-Ring replacement for the trunk strut. They must have some kind of (internal?)recall on it as I have not requested it. Just checked on that and..... see below. What kind of cheap @$$ o-rings are they using? I picked up the car exactly a year ago. Anyhow, glad they're taking care of it without me asking.

Tesla, Inc. Service Bulletin - Install O-ring on Trunk Power Strut

20221216_090817.jpg

Screenshot_20221216_085238_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Reactions: ACarneiro
What kind of cheap @$$ o-rings are they using?

Nothing really to do with the cheapness, just the wrong type was used. I would go as far as saying that the replacement is probably a cheaper type than the one it replaced. Its just not as susceptible to the short term degradation/cracking when introduced to sunlight hence why its also predominantly used for roofing (epdm rubber)

I noticed that I've been having this issue for a long time now (took delivery in Dec 2023). I believe the error might have been present since the beginning. Pressing on the charge door does nothing. But I can open it using the app, the screen and the button on the charger. I've actually never pressed on the charge door till I tried after seeing the error. It won't open. I'm thinking of booking a mobile service since it doesn't bother me and I'm not in a hurry. Tried the two button reset and that didn't work either.

CAN i get worse, I mean I rarely push the door to open, I just use the touch screen, should I wait til I have a another issue and then include it in my warrenty repairs ?
Initially I got only that message. but door use to open.
then by the end, I got message that AC charger is malfunctioning. I could still charge from the mobile charger or superchargers, but home charginh from standard 7 kw plug was not working.

CAN i get worse, I mean I rarely push the door to open, I just use the touch screen, should I wait til I have a another issue and then include it in my warrenty repairs ?
That was what I was thinking but since it's a brand new car under warranty and they have mobile service, I thought why not? Though the earliest they can come check it out is on Feb 13th.